cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing PHP contact form without a domain

My domain (which is now with GoDaddy) is currently pointing at my old site, which is with another web hosting provider.

I am redeveloping my new site with GoDaddy.

At the moment, I can only preview/test my site using the IP address. I wonder how this would work for testing whether my php contact form works correctly?

$from="noreply@made-up-domain.com";

I get a message saying that the submission was successful, but not I am not receiving the test e-mails in my inbox.

Does this have something to do with not having a domain on my hosting yet? And if so, would anyone know how I can test if the php contact form is working correctly?

Many thanks,

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
Employee
Employee

Re: Testing PHP contact form without a domain

Hello @ScotBlue!

Thank you for posting. Do you have your hosting account setup with some sort of temporary domain? You could set the site up on a subdomain like dev.yourdomain.com and that would allow you to test the form. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Re: Testing PHP contact form without a domain

Hi @Heather,

Thank you getting back to me.

When I try to set up a subdomain, I get the following error message (below).

Would this have something to do with my domain pointing to my website, currently hosted elsewhere?

Error: Failed domain creation: Unable to update domain data: There is not enough space on the disk.

In mscorlib module
Exception type: System.IO.IOException
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)

at ServerManagerFactory.backupAppHostConfig()

at ServerManagerFactory.commit()

at IISServerManager.commit(IISServerManager* )

(Error code 1)