cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Transferred domain to GoDaddy, upload files/database. How can I get my site up?

Hi all

Recently transferred a domain to my GoDaddy account, I can connect to it and it's a blank page. However I've now uploaded the web files to the site folder location, as well as imported the database for it.

But it's still just a blank page?

I know DNS updates take time but I only gave it some files. if I web browse to say sitedomain.com/examplefile.php it's still just blank?

Anyone can explain this? 😞

EDIT

Fixed by adding a a sub domain

2 REPLIES 2
New

Re: Transferred domain to GoDaddy, upload files/database. How can I get my site up?

Just added it as an add-on domain to my main domain if that's correct? But still doesn't show anything

Helper VI Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: Transferred domain to GoDaddy, upload files/database. How can I get my site up?

Hi there,

Thanks for posting your question here.  I can think of a couple of possible reasons:

1) The PHP file that you uploaded has an error(potentially database connection, IP, name etc) but error reporting is turned off, thus will show blank.

2) You may have uploaded it to the wrong directory, I still make this mistake from time to time.

3) In tandem with #2, your apache might not be reading the correct root directory.

4) Or maybe I just don't understand the question and I'm just typing like a fool right now.

~Jan Mykhail Hasselbring Web Administrator @ fullstackwebsolution.com