cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Trying to install moodle. mysql error

I have hit a wall during my install of moodle. I get to the installation and get these two errors. I am still pretty green at this so please explain this like I am a 5 year old. I have gone through the linked solution on the error and either I missed something or it doesn't work. I tried a few times. Screenshot (167).jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to install moodle. mysql error

HI @MPEvan,

Shared hosting?

I am not sure that Moodle is supported on shared hosting? Ask support for confirmation on this:

https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx

New

Hi thank you. Its VPS. 

New

New

Why pay for "Deluxe" hosting to host an older version of Moodle. GoDaddy sucks. I tried to install this morning and had the MySQL Barracuda issue on their basic shared hosting. I di d not have one issue on Bluehost. I have several host accounts with different companies and after my experience today with GoDaddy I will be cancelling my account with them and pointing my domain name to another hosting company's server. VERY disappointed in GoDaddy. I wasted 2 hours this morning and spoke with a tech support technician (after waiting 30 mins) who sound like he was either in high school or just graduated HS. This is pathetic. So I can pay $4.00 per month for Bluehost or Hostgator and install and run Moodle LMS with ZERO problems for 300 user? Yet I cannot even install Moodle on GoDaddy (which is supposed to be a better host). I am done with GoDaddy! I am also checking out the Moodle partners lit to see other hosting options but NEVER will I use GoDaddy again.