cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Workspace Email

I just received 30 days notice that my workspace email is going away. GoDaddy support has been no help. I am thinking of moving to a new hosting company.Does anyone have any experience with

hostgator 
a2hosting 

Links removed by JesseW - Community Manager
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@DLTK 

As we are GoDaddy end users, I'm not sure how much response you'll get to your question.

I can share with you from the Facebook groups that I'm on that both of the services you listed have pros and cons - mostly I see people say it was inexpensive to get in, but then their prices increase on renewal - also like GoDaddy if you purchase say 3 years and after 1 year you want to switch, you will not get a refund for the remain 2 years.

But I want to address the WorkSpace email issue you bring up..... Yes these free accounts are going away....and I know that GoDaddy is giving some different paid options.... moving to one of the other hosting providers, you will be purchasing a cPanel server which you can also purchase from GoDaddy - If you want a stand alone email platform (which I personally recommend)

ZohoMail offers a free  (WebMail Only) or $1/month/mailbox 5GB offering.

I personally prefer / recommend Google Suite, however for some businesses $6+/month/mailbox is more than they are willing to spend.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User IV

@DLTK 

As we are GoDaddy end users, I'm not sure how much response you'll get to your question.

I can share with you from the Facebook groups that I'm on that both of the services you listed have pros and cons - mostly I see people say it was inexpensive to get in, but then their prices increase on renewal - also like GoDaddy if you purchase say 3 years and after 1 year you want to switch, you will not get a refund for the remain 2 years.

But I want to address the WorkSpace email issue you bring up..... Yes these free accounts are going away....and I know that GoDaddy is giving some different paid options.... moving to one of the other hosting providers, you will be purchasing a cPanel server which you can also purchase from GoDaddy - If you want a stand alone email platform (which I personally recommend)

ZohoMail offers a free  (WebMail Only) or $1/month/mailbox 5GB offering.

I personally prefer / recommend Google Suite, however for some businesses $6+/month/mailbox is more than they are willing to spend.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

View solution in original post

No one at GoDaddy has told me what the options are or how to move my email. Seems like they no longer want my busniess.

@DLTK 

The email with the 30 day notice should have given some options - I believe one option is to go to a paid WorkSpace email account - or the other option is to move to Office 365 as these are the two stand alone email products

As far as I know you do not have to move your hosting to get a different Email workspace.

Use Google to search for "cheap email hosting".  I have found a few as cheap as $10 per year.

Personally, I prefer keeping all of my 11 domains in Godaddy.

New

I personally wouldn't use free or cheap email services. Nothing is really free, you will pay for it in ways that will cost you a lot more. Google will store and track everything you do with your email, where you go on the web and maybe even what you use for apps on your phone and  computer?  I found purchasing the GoDaddy Workplace 5 pack email, setting it up with a secure connection and IMAP, then setting up  DMARC, SPF records is an affordable and reasonably secure way to go right now.