• GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Calendar Functionality Changed without Notice

One of my clients told me today my calendar that I had embedded to my webpage from Google in the monthly format is missing.  Upon investigation I have discovered I can no longer embed a calendar from Google and that I must use the ICal format.  Now my calendar is listed on the website in a detail listing instead of a monthly format and the previous events are not displayed from the current date and the future events are only listed for 3 months past the current date.  I don't know how I can use this calendar. Please put back the code to be able to embed a google calendar.  I don't know how I can use this calendar for my business the way it is.  The events are listed and if I have 7 classes in one day the client has to keep paging through to see the future events.  This is absolutely impractical for my business. Please advise. Thank you . 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    PL281
    Super User IV

@cleeballard 

I'm going to assume you are referring to the Websites + Marketing Platform and that perhaps you were using a custom HTML field to insert the calendar - is this correct??

IIf this is correct - I don't know that this is something GoDaddy changed / updated but rather the way that the calendar gets embedded 

Based on how you are describing your calendar - If I were designing a site for you I would say to use WordPress and a plugin which can pull in the Google calendar but display it in a grid format - this way the calendar feels like it is part of the site 

You could also just put a link to the HTML version of the calendar

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    PL281
    Super User IV

@cleeballard 

I'm going to assume you are referring to the Websites + Marketing Platform and that perhaps you were using a custom HTML field to insert the calendar - is this correct??

IIf this is correct - I don't know that this is something GoDaddy changed / updated but rather the way that the calendar gets embedded 

Based on how you are describing your calendar - If I were designing a site for you I would say to use WordPress and a plugin which can pull in the Google calendar but display it in a grid format - this way the calendar feels like it is part of the site 

You could also just put a link to the HTML version of the calendar

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post