• GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    FasAdv
    New

How to hide private pages behind an action button and not have it in navigation header?

So im creating a website that has some private pages, however I would like to hide those private pages behind an action button, meaning it does not show up in the navigation header.

I tried putting the private page on the navigation header, and a small person like icon for account details (sign in/signout/myaccount) shows up in the navigation header, this is really important because I set the permissions of my private pages to be invite only, and not anyone with an account can access. This means users can sign in or switch accounts to one that has permission to access these private pages.

However, if I remove the private page from the navigation bar, and link it to an action button, say on the home page, the person/account management icon disappears even though users can still click the button to attempt to access the private page. Although the redirection works properly, this is a huge problem because suppose someone logs into an account that does not have permissions, there is no way (that I can see) for users to manage their account or even log out of their account once signed in because the person icon is no longer in the navigation header.

Is it possible to have my private page hidden from navigation header (but still accessible through action buttons) and still keep the person account management icon?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    TLH

Hi @FasAdv ,

Welcome to the Community!

While you can't add members until after you create a private page, not every member needs to be granted permission to your private pages. So enabling members will give you the sign in you seek, while you'll need to manage those members by providing each one permission as they meet your criteria (payment, position, relationship, whatever you're using to determine that bonus).

You don't have to include private pages in your navigation. You can create an action button, using the URL for the chosen private pages as your link. You can manage the private pages here

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    TLH

Hi @FasAdv ,

Welcome to the Community!

While you can't add members until after you create a private page, not every member needs to be granted permission to your private pages. So enabling members will give you the sign in you seek, while you'll need to manage those members by providing each one permission as they meet your criteria (payment, position, relationship, whatever you're using to determine that bonus).

You don't have to include private pages in your navigation. You can create an action button, using the URL for the chosen private pages as your link. You can manage the private pages here

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post