• GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    lqsltd
    New

Password protecting an uploaded files to my site to restrict access?

I would like to add my personal CV in word format or PDF to a section in my site which details my work history and qualifications.  The page within my site will detail all this information however some of my customers require a resume so that they can forward to prospective customers.  I don't want to password protect my page as I would like all my visitors to view it however I would like to restrict anyone from downloading my CV and personal data without my permission.

So my question is, Can I add a page to my website and password protect a certain element within it i.e documents without the need to password protect the whole page?  I understand that I can password protect the file on it's own but i'm looking more at web functionality and restricting the actual download of the file.

Thanks in advance

A

3 REPLIES 3
    TLH

Hi @lqsltd,

Welcome to the Community!

There is currently no way in the Websites+Marketing plan to make private - or password protect - only a portion of a page or function. However, by creating the private page, then assigning permissions to members of your choice, you can control who accesses the page, and thus, the download. The other option is as you suggested, to leave the page open, but password protect your downloaded files, using the program that created them.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

@TLH Thanks for your input! 

Is there any support links so that suggestions like mine (may be uploaded) can be put forward for consideration so that the services and experience can be improved for all customers?

Hi @lqsltd,

We can pass the suggestion along for you here. There is no public location for input, but for those of us in the service of customer support. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support