cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Islander
    Getting Started

Receiving hits but not much interest

I have had our website up for over a year.  Since the first of the yr, I'm getting over 3000 hits per 30 days and 600+ per seven days. It states that I'm at a "96". If these number are correct, then why so few sales?  My prices are very competitive, a good selection of products, Quality products, I Advertise on social media (Face book, Instagram, Google), So any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Muse
    Super User 2020

@Islander 

To add to everyone's input, "hits" are not indicative of traffic.

On a webserver, a "hit" is every call to the server.  Every graphic it a hit, every file is a hit and scripts generate hits.  To display one page could total quite a few "hits" just for one visitor.  

So to get a better idea of your actual traffic, you want to look at unique visitors in your stats.   Next you want to look at the entry/exit pages and traffic flow to get an idea of how they are traveling your site for any clues.

If you want to share your URL, I'll be happy to take a peak! 😉

Judith
    "No guts, no story." ~ Chris Brady

9 REPLIES 9
    PL281
    Super User II

@Islander 

Without knowing what you are selling / offering it is hard to say - often times it is more than just pricing but credibility of your business and what you are offering - also the interest level in the products you are offering.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Maria_Jonas
    Getting Started

Agreed with the user PL281! It's hard to say anything without knowing! If possible, share the website link. Experts will have a look and get back to you. We have a site "legal document creator" [https://forms-creator.com/] it's new and conversions are very less. so it also depends on the duration, trust, branding!

We are waiting for your response @Islander 

John-Smith
    Getting Started

States you shared are pretty impressive. But in 3000 hits how many users are organic and how many came from paid/social media marketing?

it seems like your campaign isn't targeting proper users! That may be the reason of less conversions!

Muse
    Super User 2020

@Islander 

To add to everyone's input, "hits" are not indicative of traffic.

On a webserver, a "hit" is every call to the server.  Every graphic it a hit, every file is a hit and scripts generate hits.  To display one page could total quite a few "hits" just for one visitor.  

So to get a better idea of your actual traffic, you want to look at unique visitors in your stats.   Next you want to look at the entry/exit pages and traffic flow to get an idea of how they are traveling your site for any clues.

If you want to share your URL, I'll be happy to take a peak! 😉

Judith

Islander
    Getting Started

Thank you for your insight.

Our GD web site is : www.islandeddiesdesign.com

Welcome any insight
    Edmund
    Muse
    Super User 2020

@Islander 

I poked around your site and here are some comments....

=> Look at making that beach image on the home page larger to fill the screen.

=> The color scheme, to me,  is clashing and cheapening our "look".   I know colors are subjective, but they can either work to enhance a brand -- or not.  I would start with making your tagline at the top of the page under your brown logo that is currently red to brown or black.

Usually  you like to keep your color scheme to a few colors --  usually right from your logo.  This helps with esthetics and building your brand.   If your logo had the colors of your two featured products it would all tie together but it doesn't.

=> On the home page the American flag image space should be white background too (with no border)  And, THANK YOU! for your Service!

=> When I go to your Men's and Women's pages, the plain every-day T-shirts are listed first.  Folks have to scroll to get to the stuff unique to you.  I would focus on your Island Eddies shirts with the art work and Hawaiian designs and give them top billing before plain t-shirts.    On the bottom of each page is "Add a footnote if this applies to your business."  Delete that.

=> I noticed in the footer "Premium and Dress T-Shirt Apparel Store".  That could apply to so many sites/stores.  Create a way to add your unique spin to that.  "Premium Island Vibe Hawaiian Dress & T-Shirt Store."

=> Don't remember if this can be done but we want to remove "Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder."  Your footer is a great place to have your address/physical location and phone number on every page.

=> The Unique Art on T-Shirts page is out of whack.   Text columns run too long and all that empty space under the small images.   Experiment with ways to tighten that page up.

=> We don't have an About page.  This is where you can sell your story, who you are, why you do what you do.  Create a page that talks about your business, in the first person, as though you are talking to the one person on the other side of the screen.  Include some personal photos too.   People like doing business with people they can relate to, know and like.

=> We don't have a page that covers how you ship, lead times, returns, etc.  You can do this with a FAQ page (Frequently Asked Questions) where you detail every question a potential customer may have about doing business with you.

=> Create a contact page with your contact info and a form.  It is not a good user experience to expect customers to seek out what you have on the home page.  Some folks may come into your site from an internal page and not know that info is there.  Having a Contact in the top menu is expected and user-friendly.

=> Your products are pricey -- which is fine.  But with that you have to provide a product description for each to back up/justify your pricing.  For example the Black and Green Aloha top for women.  The description is "Black and Green Aloha top for women" for $70.  Talk about fabric, durability, quality, how it makes you feel when you wear it.    

If you have any questions, let me know, okay?  😉

Judith

Islander
    Getting Started

Hello,

Thank you for the detailed insight. I appreciate your time.

Stay healthy.
    Edmund
    Islander
    Getting Started

Hi Judith @Muse,

Thank you for your insight.

Our GD web site is :  www.islandeddiesdesign.com

Welcome any insight