cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Go Daddy could help when business is bad temporarily

I just spoke to customer service to get a payment extension of just 11 days and they couldn't or wouldn't give it to me. My account is suspended for being 10 days overdue but at this time of the year, the cash flow for a small business like mine is pretty much zero. I'm a longtime Go Daddy customer and I've paid you guys a lot of money over the years, but the first time I need real help from you guys, there's nothing you are prepared to do to help me out which is really disappointing. All I need is a short grace period of 11 days before you cancel my account and delete more than 11 years of work on my website.  Seems unfair to me since we do pay in advance every month.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: Go Daddy could help when business is bad temporarily

@Bluelily1969 

I understand your frustration, but GoDaddy DOES give a lengthy grace period after non-payment. If they've shut down your website, that means you haven't paid in at least two months. 

It boils down to this, and I don't mean to be condescending but blunt nonetheless -- it is up to you as a business owner to plan your financials accordingly to support your business. No one else. GoDaddy is a business, too. They're intent is to profit. 

Budgeting is essential to a successful small business, and the cost of a website in today's world is a part of that budget that should be heavily considered. 

Again, I'm sorry you got your website/account suspended, but it's not GoDaddy's fault.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Solution

Hi @Bluelily1969,

The Community users are volunteers and not GoDaddy employees- they have no access to assist you in your account. GoDaddy sends out several billing notices regarding impending expirations to alert you, so you can avoid data loss. Be sure the email address on your account is valid, you've listed "@GoDaddy.com" as a preferred sender, and you check your spam folder for these notices. 

The billing system can't be overridden for customers that are late with payments. As an average, a yearly hosting plan is carried beyond expiration for about 20 days; shorter if it was being paid month-to-month. It is then held on disaster recovery backup servers for about 30 days, so the customer will still have an option to pay for our teams to find and restore it for you. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

4 REPLIES 4
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

@Bluelily1969 

I understand your frustration, but GoDaddy DOES give a lengthy grace period after non-payment. If they've shut down your website, that means you haven't paid in at least two months. 

It boils down to this, and I don't mean to be condescending but blunt nonetheless -- it is up to you as a business owner to plan your financials accordingly to support your business. No one else. GoDaddy is a business, too. They're intent is to profit. 

Budgeting is essential to a successful small business, and the cost of a website in today's world is a part of that budget that should be heavily considered. 

Again, I'm sorry you got your website/account suspended, but it's not GoDaddy's fault.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

THEY SHUT ME DOWN AFTER JUST 10 DAYS  If Go Daddy gives at least 2 months then why is my account suspended and why is it that I've been told by customer service that my website will be shut down permanently and 11 years of my intellectual property deleted after just 3 weeks?  Either your customer service people have got it wrong or you do.  That's why I'm complaining. Go Daddy hasn't given enough time in this particular situation and that is Go Daddy's fault.  Giving just 10 days isn't professional now, is it?  Look up my account if you wish and you'll see that the payment was only 10 days overdue.  What say you, to this?

Solution

Hi @Bluelily1969,

The Community users are volunteers and not GoDaddy employees- they have no access to assist you in your account. GoDaddy sends out several billing notices regarding impending expirations to alert you, so you can avoid data loss. Be sure the email address on your account is valid, you've listed "@GoDaddy.com" as a preferred sender, and you check your spam folder for these notices. 

The billing system can't be overridden for customers that are late with payments. As an average, a yearly hosting plan is carried beyond expiration for about 20 days; shorter if it was being paid month-to-month. It is then held on disaster recovery backup servers for about 30 days, so the customer will still have an option to pay for our teams to find and restore it for you. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

Thank you for the information.  I have paid the bill and the suspension on the webhosting was lifted immediately (I'm very happy about that). I've certainly learned something and will make sure the bill is paid on time in future.