cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of functionality

I've been a godaddy user for about 20 years and for the most part it's been excellent customer service with a declining product, watered down by greed. I can't even begin to explain how many hours I wasted and frustrated it has made me to have to come up with clever workarounds just to make my site functional using godaddy hosting. Old linux was solid for a while and then comes "oh upgrade to cpanel?" Which I must say cpanel is awesome because the open source community made it and godaddy sells it and offers nothing to the community and instead decides to even strip features from it to charge you more and make your website dysfunctional. You even have to set up smtp email if you even wanna get an email.. and custom ssl set up.. holy lame **bleep**!! Just imagine if godaddy put a team at improving the open source ... hope you hear that godaddy. Wit great power comes great responsibility. Do on to others as you would have done to yourself. Be the change. Help people start up businesses properly.
2 REPLIES 2
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Lack of functionality

@OldWebmaster 

While it is unfortunate that you don't like the product, there are plenty of options out there and I know GoDaddy wants businesses to succeed. If another company offers you something that is better for your business, you should take that opportunity. It's good business acumen.

No company can be one-size-fits-all. There will always be something you don't like, no matter what web hosting company you use. The best bet for any business is to do the proper research and invest wisely in their choices.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Lack of functionality

Hi @OldWebmaster. Thanks for your feedback. I'd be happy to pass your feedback on to our cPanel product team if you can provide me with some additional details about the features you're looking for. What has been removed that's causing you problems? What is it about installing SSL certificates that you find challenging?

Also, in regard to email, you can access any email address set up on a cPanel account by visiting yourdomain.com/cpanel. This redirects to the webmail login for the hosting account. If  I misunderstood what you mean regarding SMTP email, please feel free to explain further. Thanks!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.