cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to leave Go Daddy

Unfortunately, its time to go.  After finding a charge on my bank statement for $190 on Dec. 11th I inquired about this order.  I do sometimes forget about things so I just needed a reminder.  Turns out it was a 2 year renewal unlimited email service for a domain I had canceled last year.  Support could not give me a refund since it was 7 days past the refund time...  So now I have an email service that is not being used and its money down the drain.  First time I have asked for a refund in 10 years and I still have 20 or more domains and services with go daddy.  I explained as a small business owner my time is limited, I may not get to my bank statements for a few days and I need a little more flexibility from my domain provider to be able to fix things like this.   Its a rigid policy and there is no way they can break it according to support.   I could appreciate it if it was I bought and intended to use but this product is useless to me now.   So... beware, if you need to cancel a order you have a strict 30 days to do it.

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Time to leave Go Daddy

@ladregs wrote:

Unfortunately, its time to go.  After finding a charge on my bank statement for $190 on Dec. 11th I inquired about this order.  I do sometimes forget about things so I just needed a reminder.  Turns out it was a 2 year renewal unlimited email service for a domain I had canceled last year.  Support could not give me a refund since it was 7 days past the refund time...  So now I have an email service that is not being used and its money down the drain.  First time I have asked for a refund in 10 years and I still have 20 or more domains and services with go daddy.  I explained as a small business owner my time is limited, I may not get to my bank statements for a few days and I need a little more flexibility from my domain provider to be able to fix things like this.   Its a rigid policy and there is no way they can break it according to support.   I could appreciate it if it was I bought and intended to use but this product is useless to me now.   So... beware, if you need to cancel a order you have a strict 30 days to do it.

@ladregs I actually find Godaddy to have a very relaxed refund policy. Most companies are never willing to offer refunds on virtual/digital goods and services which Godaddy does. In the future, you can find the time frames for refunds here: https://www.godaddy.com/agreements/showdoc.aspx?pageid=19963&prog_id=PROG_ID

----