• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

502 Bad Gateway - When Accessing WP-Admin Menu

Hi folks,

Looking for some assistance as I'm completely stumped on this one.

My site was migrated over to an eCommerce Wordpress hosting using the GoDaddy migration system. The old site still functions correctly on the previous hosting site but the new site here on GoDaddy is running into an issue.

After a series of actions culminating in an attempt to process a file upload through the NBDesigner Plugin, I receive a "502 Bad Gateway The server returned an invalid or incomplete response. " message when clicking on any of the WordPress menu options to get back into the backend of the site.

Here's what I've done:

-Every step on every article from major websites on the 'typical' issues causing 502 errors.

-Disabled CDN/SSH

-Safe Mode with and without the plugin - this error still occurs within safe mode again when trying to access WP-admin

Here's what I suspect:

-Something in a handshake security wise is preventing the plug-in from processing the file upload and then locking me out.

Any ideas on why this is happening in such a specific manner?

Thanks in advance, I realize this is a long shot given the specificity of this request but any thoughts are appreciated.

W

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks @MrVapor & @PL281 - In the end it looks like this was being caused by limitations of the Managed Wordpress ECommerce Package. It turns out that a switch the the Launch Business Hosting Package and a migration solved this problem and a few of the others that were happening. I'm still quite certain the limitations of a plug-in being used which no doubt had a used a high level of memory and file upload sizes was being throttled by GoDaddy's servers on the managed wordpress side thus resulting in the errors noted. I'm leaving this note in case anyone else in the future runs into similar issues.

Again, I appreciate the help and insight from you both and wish you all the best!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
    Super User IV

@dubwebdev 

I've never heard of that plugin can you post a few screen shots where this happens

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thanks for the reply @PL281 - I've seen some of your replies on previous 502 posts so I'm hoping you may be able to assist.

I've DM'd you a link with a video showing how this occurs.

Here is the plugin sample site: https://nbdesigner.cmsmart.net

(That link should allow you to see how it's expected to function)

As mentioned I suspect something in the migration is causing the plugin to misbehave, I just have no idea where to pinpoint a potential solution.

W

@dubwebdev 

I know this is probably a silly thing to ask, but I'm assuming you removed the plugin, cleared all of it's database info, and tried reinstalling it? It doesn't always fix the issue, but more times than not I've found it does.

* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

@MrVapor 

I did uninstall the Plug-In, but did not clear the database info - Since the plug-in contains templates and settings specific to how the ecommerce store is set-up I don't want to lose the existing product templates and settings. 

Do you know how I would go about clearing the database and removing the plug-in with losing the templates and settings?

I set up a staging site and tested another migration of the entire website, and the same issue exists on this 2nd test. I'm beginning to believe this is related specifically to the data within the plug-in which may not be correctly migrating. 

The plug-in company is basically extorting me to look into this so i'm trying to fix this one last time before giving in.

Thanks for your help kind stranger!

@dubwebdev 

In order to completely uninstall a plug-in, the database info has to be removed as well. So, in this case, I don't think that's your answer if you have things you want to keep.

Without diving into your server/site itself, I'm thinking this is an incompatibility between the plug-in and the platform. Have you tried setting something up on a regular cPanel to see if it works? It might be worth purchasing a low-end economy package for a month to see if it works.

Something in my gut is telling me it's an issue with the server permissions and what the plug-in tries to access to do what it's supposed to do. MWP is more secured on the backend than a typical WP installation and that can cause some pretty specific issues with plugins.

* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Thanks @MrVapor & @PL281 - In the end it looks like this was being caused by limitations of the Managed Wordpress ECommerce Package. It turns out that a switch the the Launch Business Hosting Package and a migration solved this problem and a few of the others that were happening. I'm still quite certain the limitations of a plug-in being used which no doubt had a used a high level of memory and file upload sizes was being throttled by GoDaddy's servers on the managed wordpress side thus resulting in the errors noted. I'm leaving this note in case anyone else in the future runs into similar issues.

Again, I appreciate the help and insight from you both and wish you all the best!

View solution in original post

@dubwebdev 

Awesome! Glad you have the issue solved.

There is a big difference between MWP and the Business hosting that will make a noticeable difference - you went from shared hosting to dedicated resources. For an eCommerce site, Business hosting is the way to go. Hands down. Whoever helped you out knew what they were doing.