• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

502 bad gateway error when saving an edit

I keep getting a bad gateway 502 error when trying to save edits.

It driving me nuts!

I have tried just about everything on my side.

I have read that Godaddy does this to sites that it believes are displaying 'suspicious activity' ?

I am at the stage where I think I need to a new hosting service!

please help!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Advocate VII Advocate VII
    Advocate VII
    Solution

Re: 502 bad gateway error when saving an edit

Hi @glynnpot,

What hosting platform are you on?  Most of the time when I've gotten 502's its been because of either a corrupt file or more likely a problem with an api integration.  If you do not have enough allocated resources, an api call will timeout and result in a 502.  For example, if you are using WooCommerce and have a plugin that is "integrated" and relies on the WP api, sufficient resources are critical.  I've had this problem more than once and have had to rethink how I using my site's resources. 

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
    Highlighted
    Advocate VII Advocate VII
    Advocate VII
    Solution

Hi @glynnpot,

What hosting platform are you on?  Most of the time when I've gotten 502's its been because of either a corrupt file or more likely a problem with an api integration.  If you do not have enough allocated resources, an api call will timeout and result in a 502.  For example, if you are using WooCommerce and have a plugin that is "integrated" and relies on the WP api, sufficient resources are critical.  I've had this problem more than once and have had to rethink how I using my site's resources. 

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

View solution in original post

Highlighted

502 bad gateway error when saving an edit

When i save and edit an article i got immediatly a 502 bad gateway.. I need some help.

Highlighted

I had this happen twice today when updating a page.  I just refreshed the page, and chose resubmit the data, and everything went through fine.

Highlighted

Anyone getting anywhere with this issue? I have a site that is basically completely crippled the minute you try to update a page.

Tried chat. Sent me a link to show me how to update some parameters here:https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/?omtr=b&utm_expid=3606929-101.yRvM9BqCTnWwtfc...

Then asked me if I'd read this page: https://www.lifewire.com/502-bad-gateway-error-explained-2622939

This is not a hardware or browser issue on my end. This problem is happening as soon as we click "Update" after editing a WordPress page. It happens on PCs and a MAC. It's happening in 2 different states. This is NOT MY PROBLEM it's a GoDaddy PROBLEM!

Need some answers here GoDaddy.

Highlighted

I have the same issue.  I have been traveling for 2 years and it has been happening for over a year,  no matter where I am and it doesn't matter what browser I am using. 

It is very aggravating.  I have tried updating often, sometimes it will update but most of the time (90%) it will just give me the 502 error.  I AM paying for this???

I have tried to do many of the "solutions" I have found via google search.  None have worked.  Currently I am out of the country, so I cannot call them again and the chat doesn't seem to be working either.

Does anyone know if GoDaddy is working on this issue  

Highlighted

I have this 502 problem on a recurring basis and it's pissing me off. It's just a website, nothing fancy and this is really tiresome. I just need things to work.