• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

An error occurred fetching the page: HTTPS error: Connection reset by peer

Hello everybody ...my website https://clicksmiths.media/ is hosted with go daddy with the managed wordpress hosting and when i run a GTMETRIX test i get the below message.....In the past, i have had various issues of people tampering with my website. Any help is appreciated in understanding this issue

Screenshot (86).png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    Super User IV

@sumeshsenan 

I suggest installing Really Simple SSL on your site - normally on Managed WordPress this is not an issue, but there is something in your code / theme that isn't swithing to HTTPS

Also I was able to get the site to load on GTMetrix https://gtmetrix.com/reports/clicksmiths.media/ZSRZEUFk

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

@sumeshsenan 

This can happen from a plugin / theme update - which is then corrected in a 2nd update

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

5 REPLIES 5
    Super User IV

@sumeshsenan 

I suggest installing Really Simple SSL on your site - normally on Managed WordPress this is not an issue, but there is something in your code / theme that isn't swithing to HTTPS

Also I was able to get the site to load on GTMetrix https://gtmetrix.com/reports/clicksmiths.media/ZSRZEUFk

hello sir

thank you for the feedback.

i have been trying to talk to godaddy asking if it was a problem from their end. But as per your suggestion, it is to do with coding on my site....this problem has just triggered since a week ....any recomendations on how i can find which code is conflicting or  where the conflict is happening ?

@sumeshsenan 

I just went back to the site again and it is giving me a lock now - it could be a reference in a stylesheet or something else that has a hard coded http:// vs // or https://

Apologies for the late reply.. thanks for the answer back

I am just curious to know from you as an expert....can such change happen without human intervention ?  i havent done any changes nor does anybody have access to my backend etc.... ......a lot of things seem to get fixed temporarily and seem to prop up again after few days. 

@sumeshsenan 

This can happen from a plugin / theme update - which is then corrected in a 2nd update