• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Can't access wp-admin page

Hello,

I have tried a lot to fix this problem with easyrecipehouse.com to no avail.

I can not access the wp-admin page.

I have looked at loads of help guides and disabled plugins via FTP and cPanel which hasnt changed anything. I tried to update the folder permissions but was told I don't have permission to do so. I tried to delete WP and reinstall it, again couldnt because of permissions. 

I have turned on Debugging mode and here are the errors I get -

Notice: Undefined variable: npDcheckClassBgp in /home/content/n3pnexwpnas01_data03/71/3889671/html/wp-config.php on line 4

Warning: fopen(wp-admin/.default): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/n3pnexwpnas01_data03/71/3889671/html/wp-config.php on line 40

Warning: fopen(wp-admin/css/.default): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/n3pnexwpnas01_data03/71/3889671/html/wp-config.php on line 43

Warning: fopen(wp-admin/images/.default): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/n3pnexwpnas01_data03/71/3889671/html/wp-config.php on line 43

Warning: fopen(wp-admin/includes/.default): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/n3pnexwpnas01_data03/71/3889671/html/wp-config.php on line 43

Warning: fopen(wp-admin/js/.default): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/n3pnexwpnas01_data03/71/3889671/html/wp-config.php on line 43

Warning: fopen(wp-admin/maint/.default): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/n3pnexwpnas01_data03/71/3889671/html/wp-config.php on line 43

Warning: fopen(wp-admin/network/.default): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/n3pnexwpnas01_data03/71/3889671/html/wp-config.php on line 43

Warning: fopen(wp-admin/user/.default): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/n3pnexwpnas01_data03/71/3889671/html/wp-config.php on line 43

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/n3pnexwpnas01_data03/71/3889671/html/wp-config.php:1) in /home/content/n3pnexwpnas01_data03/71/3889671/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1216

I did not install any new themes/plugins although godaddy may have updated something. I also have the same problem with another website, but as yet havnt started to investigate that (I expect it to be a similar issue). I would think it was an account issue, but I also have 2 other sites working fine.

Please help!!

5 REPLIES 5
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

Re: Can't access wp-admin page

@MarkB1611

Did you get this resolved?   If so can you share what the issue was? 

If not, the first thing you have to do is eliminate the possibility of a theme or plugin (or both) conflict.  Step-bp-step here.  Once you've gone through that process, if the issue doesn't resolve you can then call GoDaddy support and ask them to look into it -- letting them know you in fact eliminated the possibility of a conflict before calling.

Pretty much any hosting company will assume a conflict until that possibility is eliminated before they will investigate further.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

Hi Mark,

Did you manage to fix this?

This is caused by some dodgy injected code which serves as a backdoor for a remote server to generate more code for your site.

The error and regaining access is quite easy to fix, however you'll also need to clean up any code that was generated via the backdoor.

Ok having looked more into this I think the sites might be being attacked from one or several compromised servers, can someone from GoDaddy please contact me so I can give more information?

If anyone needs a hand with the above errors in the meantime, give me a shout 🙂

Hi, 

No it's still not fixed. I found some malware on the site and have since had that cleared up, but the site remains unable to displey the wp-admin page. I'm still in contact with tech support about it but so far i'm still where I was 😞

Regards

Mark

Give me an email at ... if you would like me to take a look.