• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Cannot set folder attributes for wp-admin and wp-include folder in filezilla sftp

My WordPress website on Godaddy Managed WordPress Hosting automatically updated (I believe) and then I noticed that only the home page loads. All other pages give a blank screen (White Screen of Death) including /wp-admin.

What I did.

I downloaded entire wp website and staged on my local computer and noticed the WSOD issue was still there.

After googling and troubleshooting I found that adding this line "define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );" to my wp-config.php file cleared the WSOD.

I then made a few changes and updates to my themes, plugins, and some content.

The issue

Using my SFTP details, I started to upload the entire Wordpress site ( I had no reason to change db) but I noticed that Files within the wp-admin and wp-include folders returned an "access denied" error.

I looked in the file permissions of both folders and saw that they had a numeric value of "555" while wp-config is set to "705".

Any attempt to change this resulted in the error "set attrs for /home/<sitecode>/html/wp-admin/xxxxx/xxx-000.png: permission denied".

I have searched for answers to this issue but it all points to my SFTP account not having enough permission to change file and folder permissions. Any help I can get is very much appreciated.