• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Cloning on ManageWP being eliminated for Manged Wordpress?

I had an issue cloning a site today (kept getting 503 errors). I thought it was the source site, so I tried another base template that I have used before, but still the same error. ManagedWP said it was a GoDaddy issue, so I called tech support and the guy told me that they were no longer allowing cloning to a ManagedWP Hosting account. WHAT?  I do this ALL THE TIME for new clients. Every single site. Plus I often do it for clients who want changes to an existing site (not build or hosted by me). I clone to a temp site, make all the changes, when they approve, clone back. As a reseller I never received notification about this, nor can I find any documentation saying they are eliminating it  https://www.godaddy.com/help/clone-a-website-to-an-existing-one-26995? this still suggests I should be able to.  Did I get a misinformed tech support agent? 

1 REPLY 1
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: Cloning on ManageWP being eliminated for Manged Wordpress?

Hello there,

Based on some research I've done, no, GD isn't eliminating the cloning option on ManageWP.

However, there is some sort of ongoing issue currently. They're having an issue withe the "Existing website option" when cloning to GD servers. The devs are currently investigating.

In the meantime, the suggested workaround is to us the "New website" option on the clone tool. If that causes issues, I'd reach out to the ManageWP team and put in a ticket through the ProSites interface.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community