• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Getting Started

GoDaddy says site is up an running with no issues but it's not.

My website is not accessible anymore. I have no idea why but I think it could have something to do with DNS. I checked the IP address that is listed but will not connect.

http://wordpress.unioncountryclub.com 

and http://photos.unioncountryclub.com 

Server IP address: 45.40.165.20 does not connect either.

I remember something being said about a PHP version not working with wordpress. Did GoDaddy change the version of PHP recently?

I'm at a loss. I have no idea what to do.

6 REPLIES 6
    Getting Started

Also I use to connect via Core FTP to upload or download some files. That can not connect either.

Hi @DavidG, thanks for posting.

Your domain or subdomain might be pointing to the wrong IP address for your hosting plan. You can find the IP address for your hosting plan in the settings of your hosting plan, but the exact steps would vary depending on your hosting plan.

You can use the steps in this article to update or change your IP address:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-an-a-record-19239

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status
    Getting Started

Gary, Nothing in that article was even remotely helpful. I tried to follow the instructions but was not able to find what the instructions were pointing to. No plus sign button. No Action button. No Manage DNS button. I'm confused.

"

To change an A record

1. Log in to your GoDaddy account.
      2. On your product list next to Domains, click the Text Icon (Plus sign button) to expand the list:

Expand Domains List

1. Next to the domain you want to manage, under the Action section, click on the Manage DNS button:

Manage DNS Button

1. On the Records list, next to A, click the Click pencil icon on existing MX records (pencil icon) and make any necessary changes.
    2. Click Save when finished."

What is going on with GoDaddy. Did they change everything? I can not find any way to get to my website files at all. I just keep getting directed around in circles.

Hi @DavidG.

I was able to follow the steps to access my DNS settings without any issues.

If you're still having trouble with this, you might want to call Support so they can review your account in detail with you.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status
    Getting Started

I did find the "Domain" but I only have one Domain so there is no + sign. On mine it has 3 buttons, one says "Add privacy" the next one says "DNS" and the third one says "Manage". I found 3 "A" type records but as far as I can tell what is there is supposed to be there.

I can't call support, I do not have a long distance carrier for my land line and I do not have a cell phone.

I wish someone could tell me what is wrong or what has changed. I have not changed anything, it just stoped connecting. Are you shure that no one from GoDaddy changed anything? I'm about ready to give up on this and go someother place for web hosting. I started this website for our club years ago and it was working fine up untill a couple weeks ago.