• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Google Bot Traffic

Hi i am using godaddy hosting( utlimate plan)

My issue is : I am getting huge Organic bot traffic (its not real human traffic - its search engines bots  traffic (google) )   to  my website (http://10minutesformom.com/)  ..... How to protect my site with that fake search engines bots.  i complained 3,4 times also to create best firewall but i didnt cleared my problem. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Muse
    Super User 2020

@sampath0547 

Google bot visits are how your new content is discovered and indexed.  Is Google bot causing performance issues?  Before blocking Google, I would make sure that my site had all other performance concerns addressed.  Run your site through GTMetrix.com and address those issues too.

If you want to control Google's crawl rate, here's information on how to accomplish that.

Blocking blots is not as easy as it sounds as, unless you really know what you are doing, you could inadvertently block good bots.   Being you are on WordPress, the WordFence plugin has these capabilities for you to explore.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "No guts, no story." ~ Chris Brady

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Muse
    Super User 2020

@sampath0547 

Google bot visits are how your new content is discovered and indexed.  Is Google bot causing performance issues?  Before blocking Google, I would make sure that my site had all other performance concerns addressed.  Run your site through GTMetrix.com and address those issues too.

If you want to control Google's crawl rate, here's information on how to accomplish that.

Blocking blots is not as easy as it sounds as, unless you really know what you are doing, you could inadvertently block good bots.   Being you are on WordPress, the WordFence plugin has these capabilities for you to explore.

HTH! 😉

Judith

View solution in original post

Hi @Muse, i getting traffic from Google  - users are landing on home page  - But concern is its not real bots traffic - its kind of sharing traffic - bots sharing traffic 

in last 7 days - i got 3k users from - United state - landing home page - but there is no sessions to other pages - staying 32 sec's . and exiting. 

Just i analyzed everything then i am confirmed, this is not genuine search traffic -- Some any one sharing traffic.

qw1111.PNG

@sampath0547 

In general, Google does its best to remove bot traffic.

It would take some digging and further analysis of GA and/or server logs to determine what is going on.

What you can try is making the home page more of an overview of all the content within, instead of and "about page" type of intro.   Since you are on WordPress there's all kind of themes that offer a more comprehensive home page displays.

Once that switch is made, you can then see if the stats you currently have change in any way.   HTH! 😉

Judith