• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

HTTP Error 500 for IDTBACT.COM.AU

I have for the last two days been getting a "HTTP Error 500" message when trying to access one of my websites (idtbact.com.au).

I'm needing to update this site but am unable to.  Where is the help chat feature to be able to get in touch with the Tech Support?

Can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: HTTP Error 500 for IDTBACT.COM.AU

Hi @Paraphoenix27. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! A 500 error is a very general error that means there's a problem with the website displaying, but the details aren't readily available. Invalid .htaccess files, or invalid rules in them, commonly cause 500 errors with Linux hosting accounts. You can try renaming your .htaccess file to disable it. That will let you know if it is the source of the problem. Otherwise, you can look in your files via SFTP for a file called error_log in the root directory for the site. That should have details as to what is causing the 500 error. Once you have that information, you should be able to determine the root cause of the issue. Hope that helps! 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.