• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to make a complaint - expiry 9 years early

Last year I bought 10 year web hosting but it has expired 22/12/2019 - the last few days I have been trying to resolve this through chat but they keep sending me a code as part of 2FA to my old mobile number. I updated my mobile in my account months ago but still the code for 2FA goes to my old number. No one would look into my account without this and they couldn't comprehend that I had updated my number in my account!

So I had to send an email with my passport to an email address - 3 days later they ask me to send a photo of my holding my passport - still no one will look into my account. It is now the final day for my renewal before by website/and business apparently gets deleted. 

The person on chat called Amit is supposed to be a manager but is the most incompetent person I have dealt with, claiming he can't even view the details of my account without 2FA - yet 8 days ago when I first started dealing with this they were able to tell me my email wasn't working because it  had expired and even apply a discount to my shopping cart for the email renewal - all without 2FA. This whole process is absurd and I'm looking at my business being deleted because a. the expiry date is for 1 year not 10 years as per the purchase

b. because the 2 factor authentication doesn't actually update to the number you update in your account

c. because Amit is an incompetent fool! 

When I asked how to make a complaint he gave me a link to a forum post in 2016 claiming it was a form - but the 2FA doesn't actually work on my account so I am logged in without it - it only works on chat when I need help! 

On notifying Amit I can log in and view that it is a post and not a feedback/complaint form as he has claimed he has now disconnected chat.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Rattyryan well it sounds like GoDaddy support has helped you out on at least getting your 2FA to cancel as you wanted. 

I guess now give GoDaddy support a call about your billing expiring 9 years early. 

Just note, I'm a GoDaddy customer like you, so I have no problem carrying your stress with you and I was just giving you the information/suggestions that have helped me and other GoDaddy customers like yourself. 

Sorry, I wasn't able to help you with your stress, but the website could be live but not attached to the domain and using a different web address. Contact GoDaddy support again and let us GoDaddy customers know why your purchase order of 10 years was cut short. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
    Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
    Super User I

Hello @Rattyryan and welcome to the community. 

So wait you can still log in to your GoDaddy account without issue? If so, why not just disable the 2FA temporary so they can look into your GoDaddy account?

My preferred method of 2FA is to do via a 2FA instead of SMS/TEXT.

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
    Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

Yup I can still log into my account and do everything APART from when I click into 2FA then it sends a code to my old number even though I've updated my number in my account; so I can't disable it that way. Which is why I've had to email my passport and endure this painfully slow process; meanwhile my business is at risk of being taken offline.  

@Rattyryan 

And when you log in to your GoDaddy account, you have to 2FA, correct? 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis

No. It has never worked. I log in with my username and password and that's it...whether it's because I've used the same devices every time I don't know but the whole process is garbage! What if you lose your phone or even with me you change your number...you update it in your account and it doesn't sync with the 2FA...it's absurd! 

So you put in your username and password, and then your present the 2FA page, but cant get passed that page cause 2FA is working correctly, correct?

Note, I'm a member just like you trying to see where you are getting stuck at with your account.

Also, when you enable 2FA, that is you the end-user adding an additional security layer onto your account for additional security security that is why also some give you a special secret password in case you ever for the 2FA platform that your using that you can still used that was generated only for you at that time as well which is why most make you check a box asking if you wrote that one-time bypass password down so you can still get into your email.

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis

But I'm assuming you must be fully logged into your GoDaddy account if your using this GoDaddy fourm OR did you create a new godaddy account so you can post on the GoDaddy community page?

Is it possible for you to share a video of your issue(s)?

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis

Super User I

Have you also checked out this GoDaddy Article: https://www.godaddy.com/help/troubleshoot-two-step-verification-7564?

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis

Have you read my original post? I am logged into the account in question ...2FA doesn't work and I don't want it to work because I don't have the number any more that the 2FA is set up with! I updated my number months ago but still 2FA through chat goes to my old number! No one will help with my actual issue which is my wordpress is about to expire because they have it set up for 1 year instead of 10 years and I have to go through the whole painful process of emailing my passport to remove 2FA because its going to my old number that I got rid of months ago and I can't get any help until it's removed!!!!!! 

@Rattyryan I did read your original post, you state you can log in and have 2FA enabled, but that is impossible logically because you have 2FA enabled (or depending how you have it setup), so how is your computer bypassing 2FA that is set up on your account, unless whatever web browser you are using still have old cookies in your web browser that is bypassing your 2FA security on your account. 

So, that is why I'm asking so many questions. I have 2FA enabled on all my accounts and the only way for me to fully get in is that I have to pass my 2FA credentials to get in my accounts if not, I'm unable to log in to my accounts; but from it sounds like you, that you don't have to submit your 2FA credentials to get in your account, which I'm at lost.

I understand the frustration. You can get into your account perfectly fine, but no one else can get into your account cause they are seeing the 2FA credentials coming up as design on there computers, but you are not on your computer/phone, so yes, this is kind of in a loop. 

But If you're in the said account go to account settings > login & PIN > Under 2-step verification click on 'Edit' and delete your 2-step verification. OR simply follow this GoDaddy article to cancel 2-step verification since you have access to your account. You should be able to handle that yourself since you state you have full access to your account. Once you complete those steps above, then give GoDaddy support a callback to address your billing question(s).

Please let us know if you can do the above steps to cancel your 2-step verification. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis

I log in with my customer number and password... 2FA does not work! But when trying to get support they ask for 2FA which goes to my old number...my new number is updated in My Profile under my account! I go to "login & PIN" and that is the only time it does 2FA so I can't change it from there!

And as stated in my original post I had to email my passport 8 days ago...then a photo of me holding my passport because that was not enough! Now my website has been deleted exactly 74 minutes ago! Then I finally get email confirmation 2FA has been removed exactly 42 minutes ago! 

Now I'm finally able to get help but my website has been deleted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Rattyryan well it sounds like GoDaddy support has helped you out on at least getting your 2FA to cancel as you wanted. 

I guess now give GoDaddy support a call about your billing expiring 9 years early. 

Just note, I'm a GoDaddy customer like you, so I have no problem carrying your stress with you and I was just giving you the information/suggestions that have helped me and other GoDaddy customers like yourself. 

Sorry, I wasn't able to help you with your stress, but the website could be live but not attached to the domain and using a different web address. Contact GoDaddy support again and let us GoDaddy customers know why your purchase order of 10 years was cut short. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis

View solution in original post