cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    RobJVM
    New

I have no access to production site dashboard after sync from staging

I just did my first sync from Staging to Production. The update was cosmetic, text and images. The website looks fine but when I log into the Production site I have no access to the WP Dashboard. It's not even an option. There is just a black bar across the top of my WP site as normal with the "Howdy Rob!" On the left is the WP logo with some options and next to it is my domain name with NO options. Clicking it simply refreshes the homepage.

I still have full access to the Staging site.

Ultimate Managed Hosting

No plugins enabled

I've already researched and attempted other solutions from this site (phpMyAdmin stuff). Nothing works. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    PL281
    Super User II

@RobJVM 

It sounds like something failed in updating the database I would try the sync again and if it doesn't fix it  - reach out to GoDaddy support - DO NOT let them delete / remove the main site unless you get a backup of the staging site

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
    PL281
    Super User II

@RobJVM 

It sounds like something failed in updating the database I would try the sync again and if it doesn't fix it  - reach out to GoDaddy support - DO NOT let them delete / remove the main site unless you get a backup of the staging site

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

View solution in original post

Thanks for the reply.

I assuming that if they delete / remove the main site it will also remove the current iteration of Staging? Is Staging NOT backed up? Am I expected to pull my own backup? I've always hosted my own Wordpress sites on my own server. This site I'm working on with GoDaddy's managed Wordpress is for a client. I've never had more problems in my life.

How does anyone with limited experience deal with this? I have A LOT of experience and this is the third show stopping problem I've had in 6 months due to the proprietary GoDaddy interface that I'm sure they are going to tell me (AGAIN) is through some fault of my own when CLEARLY it isn't. I don't think "managed" means what they think it means.

…but I digress.

@RobJVM 

The staging sites are not specifically backed up to the best of my knowledge or at least not that as an end-user you have access to.

in regards to managed it is referring to the server environment we are in GoDaddy takes care of the backend settings on the server versus on a C panel server for example while you have much more control over the server depending on what settings you were just in cPanel you can also inadvertently mess up settings.

I have a proximately 200 sites on the platform and only occasionally run into issues.

Thanks again for your help. I realize everyone has different experiences and people are more likely to complain online before they go out of their way to convey a great experience. I spent over an hour on the phone today with support and they were unable to resolve this.

I'm not sure what I can do at this point. They want to escalate to "premium support" but I need to get client authorization for this. My staging site works perfectly on every level. My production site works perfectly on the front-end but I have ZERO access to Wordpress admin on the production side.

The push from Staging to Production did this... I have 20yrs experience with cPanel and running my own hosting company. I WISH I were using cPanel. But yeah, I never allowed any of my Wordpress clients anywhere NEAR their cPanel. 😉