• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Is there a way to find lost blog content from a few years?

Hi - I hope this isn't answered already -

I had a great blog (Wordpress) associated with a GoDaddy account a few years ago - it was active about 5 years - and I completely forgot about it and it expired when I had my child. It's been years now, any way to gain access to the lost blog info or blog? Just wondering.

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: Is there a way to find lost blog content from a few years?

Hey there @Lscherer 

Unfortunately, unless you have your own backup, that info is most likely lost. GoDaddy retains backups for approximately 30 days after the cancellation of a hosting product and then they delete it from their servers.

You may be able to look the blog up on the Internet Archive Wayback Machine and copy/paste the info however. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: Is there a way to find lost blog content from a few years?

I thought so, thank you so much!

Re: Is there a way to find lost blog content from a few years?/?isc=gdcommment

That’s what I thought. Thank you so much!
    Super User III
    Super User III

You're more than welcome!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

And I found some of it - you're a rock star! Now I just have to figure out how to restore it! lol