• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Managed WordPress painfully slow

I am using managed wordpress hosting for saintsfood.com and have been optimizing my site to leverage browser caching, minify CSS/HTML/JS and optimize images. 

Using Google PageSpeed Insights, I consistently get server response times around 9 seconds.

Using Pingdom, my page took 10948ms to load, with 9605ms being "wait" time waiting for the server to respond.

Using WebPageTest, my page gets an "F" for a First Byte Time of 9.8s!

This is really, really bad... even for shared hosting.  Is there anything that can be done?  Do I need to migrate my account to a new/different server?

Thanks in advance,

Justin

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User I
    Super User I

Re: Managed WordPress painfully slow

@jwright06, I just did a PageSpeed test and showing  3 seconds and your site is loading pretty fast on my connection. So, you might try to do a re-scan.

View my screenshot here: http://prntscr.com/l0chq1

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
    Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
    Helper I

I'm guessing you're working on it right now, i get this re-direction from my browser:

http://2c2.e4d.myftpupload.com/

Super User I
    Super User I

Hello @rdominguez

I don't work for GoDaddy, just a regular community person that likes helping others.

I'm not getting redirected. When I type in saintsfood.com it takes me directly there. OR maybe DNS hasn't catchup to my region yet. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
    Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

Thanks both for the replies and help, really appreciate it.

I was working on the site earlier today.. I decided to migrate it over to Site Ground, I just couldn't put up with how slow the admin panel was, every click was just making me pull my hair out.

Without any coding/plugin changes I'm now getting sub second server responses, I just wish I would have switched earlier and avoided lost time always "waiting".

Here is my updated WebPageTest, obviously a huge improvement.

Thanks again,
    Justin