• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Edouard
    New

My website loads on browser but not in speed testers (Page Speed Insight, GT Metrix etc.)

Hello All,

I have two website in managed WordPress with GoDaddy (Pro 5 plan), and both are encountering the same issue:

After flushing my browser cache, during the first second, the browser says it cannot connect (like if the website didn’t exist), and then, it loads. Sometimes it can take forever, sometimes it is normal . When I apply the speed testers (PageSpeed Insight and GT Metrix), their servers cannot connect. And this happens 50% of the time. It’s by period: Sometimes,  it works for a few houes each time, sometimes it works once every two tries in a row, sometimes, it fails 100% of the time. The non -systematicity of the problem makes me nuts: It prevents me trying to solve this by elimination. 

I contacted GoDaddy’s support and spent 90 minutes with the guy, brainstorming… He was kind and polite, but he was useless. I was light years ahead of him in terms of understanding how the Internet works, and really, I am not an expert. After the conversation, I actually started a panic attack / insomnia, because I have been working on one of the websites for two weeks full, and at launch this happens… (with the second one, doing the same thing). Should I Send GoDaddy my medical bills?

I am attaching a few screen shots… It’s clearly GoDaddy’s servers at fault because both websites are radically different (different themes, different plugins, different resources requested). I hope I am wrong and that it can be fixed easily, but I don’t see another reason than problems at the server level. I am two fingers away to moving to another host and being ready to lose the money  and time I invested in them.

Any idea what could cause this? Anybody had a similar experience? I would really be grateful for any help you can provide (I am attaching snapshots of the return of the speed testers).

Website is https://physics-made-easy.com/.
    Thanks!

PS: For some reason, GoDaddy doesn't let me upload images here ("an Unexpected Error has occurred" ... typical):

So this is the text version:

GT-Metrix: 

Analysis Error

An error occurred fetching the page: HTTPS error: Connection reset by peer

There may be a connectivity issue between your server and the GTMetrix test server. Please login to try testing from another test location or try again later.

Please see our FAQ on how to fix this error.

Lighthouse (PageSpeed Insight):

Lighthouse returned error: FAILED_DOCUMENT_REQUEST. Lighthouse was unable to reliably load the page you requested. Make sure you are testing the correct URL and that the server is properly responding to all requests. (Details: net::ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    PL281
    Super User II

@Edouard 

I was able to get to the site and get a GTMetrix scan without issue, however it was only using HTTP (https://gtmetrix.com/reports/physics-made-easy.com/aYerpM8n)

I was able to get the site with HTTPS if I added ?nocache=1

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/physics-made-easy.com/e427eECS

Makes me think there was something cached from one of the first times you ran the lookup.

I would make sure to flush the caching within WordPress - this is the server side cache

The only thing I can personally think of that could cause any issues would be 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    PL281
    Super User II

@Edouard 

I was able to get to the site and get a GTMetrix scan without issue, however it was only using HTTP (https://gtmetrix.com/reports/physics-made-easy.com/aYerpM8n)

I was able to get the site with HTTPS if I added ?nocache=1

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/physics-made-easy.com/e427eECS

Makes me think there was something cached from one of the first times you ran the lookup.

I would make sure to flush the caching within WordPress - this is the server side cache

The only thing I can personally think of that could cause any issues would be 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post