• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Need help changing managed wordpress phpmyadmin password

Hello Experts,

I have recently worked on my website and had to share phpmyadmin database password in managed wordpress with a developer. However, the developer finished his job and I need to change the database password in order to secure the website. When I visit the manage my domain are, I can only see a toggle password next to the password for phpmyadmin , I need to change the password but can't seem to know how. Any help please?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Need help changing managed wordpress phpmyadmin password

HI,

To reset your MySQL database password

To enter phpMyAdmin or use your database remotely, you need a password to access it.

1. Log in to your GoDaddy account.
    2. Click Web Hosting.
    3. Next, to the hosting account, you want to use, click Manage.
    4. In the Databases section, click the type of database you're using.
    5. From your list of databases, click Actions next to the database you want to use, and then click Details.
    6. In the Password section, click Reset.
    7. Enter the new password you would like to use in the Enter New Password and Confirm New Password fields. Click Change

The password for the selected database takes up to one hour to change. Use this new password to log in to the Database Manager of this database.

Note: If you use a MySQL-based application, such as WordPress®, you must update your connection strings to use the new password.

Hope this helps

Check also here: 

https://www.godaddy.com/help/

I have also forgotten to mention that when you will change your DB WordPress password, you should also change the details in your wp-config.php file.

The wp-config.php file is a very important file of your WordPress installation, and connecting your WordPress to your Database.

You should place the new password in line:

/ ** MySQL settings - You can get this info from your web host ** //
    /** The name of the database for WordPress */
    define( 'DB_NAME', 'database_name_here' );

/** MySQL database username */
    define( 'DB_USER', 'username_here' );

/** MySQL database password */
    define( 'DB_PASSWORD', 'YourNewPassword_here' );
    Highlighted

Thanks for the reply but the solution provided does not work for managed wordpress.