• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons (CSV)

Have installed WooCommerce plugin and while trying to import sample data through CSV file, 'Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons' message is displayed and file is not imported.

Support team says contact plugin provider as it is third party plugin.

Used WP Add Mime Types plugin also but no use.

Is there any solution for this ?

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons (CSV)

Honestly, the best fix for this would be exactly what the rep suggested. Reach out to the plugin creator and see if they have any fixes for this issue or if it has arisen in the past. They should be able to help you determine a path forward. 

You may also want to check out other plugins that offer the same functionality if they're non-responsive.

WordPress itself won't allow the use of many file types due to the inherently easy way you can embed malware in them. These types of plugins circumvent that to add functionality to your installation but they can be kind of janky getting them to work correctly.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons (CSV)

Save it as a .txt file. Which is a text file. You may need a field separator, most common would be a comma. Don't use commas in your text or it will not load fields properly after encountering one.