• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Sucuri firewall 502 timeout wordpress hosting

Hi there,

A "HTTP 502 - Unable to Connect to the Origin Server" messages are not blocks or the Firewall isn't working properly. It can mean one of the following:

2) The Hosting Server is Blocking us via Software Firewall or Other Security Tool (like mod_security)
    3) Your Application is Taking More Than 3 Minutes to Answer
    4) Too Big HTTP Header

Here are the logs we have in regards to issues with the host server: https://pastebin.sucuri.net/e8mtn5px4h6zr

We would advise to review all plugins and theme. Disabling each plugin and enabling them one by one to identify which are causing the hosting errors. 

I would suggest chatting with our hosting support team for further assistance with the 502's.  

I am having problems with my shared wordpress site w/ sucuri firewall. I keep getting 502 errors and am bouncing back and forth between godaddy support and the sucuri support. What should I do to get my site to be fully functional again? 

2 REPLIES 2
    Resolver VII
    Resolver VII

Re: Sucuri firewall 502 timeout wordpress hosting

Hey there @ryanmusante 

I've actually found this one to usually be a combination of things.

1. Make sure you keep your browser cache clear. This doesn't cause an actual 502, but can give the appearance of one. If in doubt, just use and Incognito/Private window.
    2. Go into your Firewall settings on Website Security and clear the WAF (web application firewall) cache. You can actually make a bookmarklet for it so you can just automatically do it. 
    3. Make sure your IP address from whatever computer's you normally use are loaded in the Whitelist on the Firewall settings. 

Usually one of those things will correct the issue. If that doesn't work, something may be wrong on the backend and you should put in a support ticket.

Best Regards,

Joe

Check out my site! | My Garage Articles | Portfolio/Resume

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT PROVIDE ANSWERS VIA PM. If you would like personalized help, you can see my pricing on my services page. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!

Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: Sucuri firewall 502 timeout wordpress hosting

I'm talking about visits from others, not myself or my own IP.

I have tested the site from certain sites and receive the 502, also the technician with sucuri posted the results with errors from his own testing.

There is some kind of issue between the hosting server and the firewall.