cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Julianm64
    New

Sucuri "Core WordPress Files Were Modified"

Hi, I just installed Sucuri Security on my managed WordPress site, and on the dashboard page it shows a warning: "Core WordPress Files Were Modified"

I know godaddy has a sort of modified version of wordpress, so it the message considered normal for a managed wordpress site?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    rd
    Super User 2020 Super User 2020
    Super User 2020

I'm starting to wonder what "normal" is @Julianm64 but I can tell you that occasionally WordPress core files are modified. One example I can think of core files being modified would be WordPress upgrades. Sucuri would detect core file modifications if you were to go from go from WordPress 5.1 to 5.1.1 (as an example).

That said you should pay attention to all of those dashboard notifications (good job on you) and understand what they mean. I can't specifically tell you what your notifications mean but I urge you to stay vigilant. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    rd
    Super User 2020 Super User 2020
    Super User 2020

I'm starting to wonder what "normal" is @Julianm64 but I can tell you that occasionally WordPress core files are modified. One example I can think of core files being modified would be WordPress upgrades. Sucuri would detect core file modifications if you were to go from go from WordPress 5.1 to 5.1.1 (as an example).

That said you should pay attention to all of those dashboard notifications (good job on you) and understand what they mean. I can't specifically tell you what your notifications mean but I urge you to stay vigilant. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post