• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Unable to delete Twenty Sixteen and Twenty Seventeen after being updated to WP 5.0.2

Hello.

My 2 sites just got "auto-updated" to WordPress 5.0.2.

I noticed that they now have the Twenty Sixteen, Twenty Seventeen & Twenty Nineteen themes.

I was able to delete the Twenty Nineteen theme from Appearance > Themes.

I was not able to delete the Twenty Sixteen and Twenty Seventeen themes, and got the following message:

Deletion failed: Could not fully remove the theme twentyseventeen.

I was not able to delete the Twenty Sixteen and Twenty Seventeen themes via SFTP either, and got the following SFTP log lines:

Command: rm "/home/***/html/wp-content/themes/twentyseventeen/style.css" Error: rm /home/***/html/wp-content/themes/twentyseventeen/style.css: permission denied Command: rm "/***/html/wp-content/themes/twentyseventeen/front-page.php" Error: rm /home/***/html/wp-content/themes/twentyseventeen/front-page.php: permission denied

Any ideas, short of getting in touch with support? TIA!

6 REPLIES 6
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Unable to delete Twenty Sixteen and Twenty Seventeen after being updated to WP 5.0.2

Hi @jayceezay. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! I tried to duplicate this in a test Managed WordPress account that was recently updated to 5.0.2 but didn't have the same problem. You'll likely need to get in touch with support to resolve this. Sorry Man Sad

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Re: Unable to delete Twenty Sixteen and Twenty Seventeen after being updated to WP 5.0.2

Will do, thanks for looking into it!

Same issue..

Solution

I have the same issue.  Could delete Primer, but not twentyseventeen or twentysixteen. 

Contacted Support.  Seems the permissions got set to only root during the 5.0.1 or 5.0.2 update.  You will need to contact them to have them reset your file permissions.

I am having the exact same problem!  Cannot find a solution anywhere

Solution

The permissions got messed up (nothing you did) contact support and have them reset your permissions.