• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Unable to see the post content in the editor

Hello friends,
    I have an blog running on wordpress & i update it every week.
    But after the wordpress got updated to the version 4.8 i can't see the written texts in the editor or already written posts.
    Before the upgrade it was working fine.
    Please if anyone is facing the same problem help.

18 REPLIES 18
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Re: Unable to see the post content in the editor

@mayur777

Sounds like a conflict of some sort.  Deactivate all your plugins and see if the issue resolves itself.  If it does then reactivate your plugins one by one until the issue happens again. You'll then know which plugin has to be replaced because it is not compatible with WordPress 4.8.

If deactivating all the plugins doesn't solve the problem -- then it could be your theme.  Try reverting to the WordPress default theme Twenty Seventeen and see if that resolves the issue.  If it does, time to contact your theme developer and ask when they will be releasing a version that is 4.8 compatible.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "I failed my way to success." ~Thomas Edison

@MuseThanks for the helping me.
    Tried all the things but don't know what's wrong still i can't see the texts in the visual editor.

Super User I

@mayur777

So, to confirm -- all plugins are deactivated AND you switched to the Twenty Seventeen theme and still no text?

Have you modified any .php files or customized any other files?

Judith

@Museyes it is confirm.
    I can see the contents in text editor but not in the visual editor.

Checked by changing theme also.

Don't know what is wrong theme or wordpress.

Super User I

@mayur777

Go to your profile -- Users > Your Profile, is the option to disable the visual editor checked?

If the above is NOT checked try adding this to the your active theme’s wp-config.php file above the

/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ line so it looks like this:

define(‘CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS’, false);

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith

@MuseThis option is not checked.
    If i check this box then i only get the text editor right.
    Actually i found that i get the contents in the text editor but not in the visual editor so if i clicks in the text editor then contents appear in the visual editor.
    But i directly can't write & save in visual editor.

Visual editor is not working as it should.

I don't know what kind of problem is this & how can i solve it.

Super User I

@mayur777

If the box IS checked it disables the Visual Editor -- we are just troubleshooting by process of elimination.  So if it is not checked -- that wasn't why you were experiencing what you are.

Did you try adding the snippet to the wp-config file?

Judith

@Muse
    Can you please help on how to add that code in wp-config file because i am unable to edit the file from FTP.

Super User I

@mayur777

Unfortunately, there is not much more I can do for you.   Downloading the wp-config.php file (then making a copy before you make any changes) adding that line and reuploading is a pretty straightforward process.

If you do not have the confidence you may want to seek out someone to hire to help you out.

Judith
    New

@Muse

Same problem. 

I have deactivated all the plugins one by one.  Changed theme to default but no luck.  I can't see or edit my posts pages in the admin area. All my posts are displaying in HTML nicely. Can anybody help?

Super User I

@birds

What did you do before this started happening?  Any code customization?  Any updates?    Did you make sure your site wasn't hacked?

If you tried *all* the suggestions above -- not just deactivating plugins and themes -- and still cannot see or edit posts I would try doing a manual WordPress update.  Maybe you had a failed update.  Instructions here.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    New

Thanks for reply

I was posting a content in my website suddenly it happened. No update as it was latest WordPress running.

I didn't check whether my site is hacked or not. And dont know how to check that being a newbie in website development.

I googled the issue and tried everything I can but no luck.

My website is showing content in html and now I am using jetpack plugin dashboard to post or edit content. Still missing visual editor through.

Is there a chance of conflict between yoast and jetpack plugin? As i noticed social sharing options are same of both the plugins. Should I remove jetpack or yoast seo plugins?

Thanks and regards.
    New

I checked my website is not hacked. Thanks for sharing link
    https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/Birdsfantasy.com
    Super User I

@birds

Glad no malware!  So that means you probably have a conflict of some sort... Smiley Sad

Judith
    New

Yes it seems like that. Can GoDaddy help in this regard? If yes how I can approach them?
    Super User I

@birds

GoDaddy isn't really responsible for how you've configured your website -- just the server.  If the server is running as it should then they've provided the service you are paying for.

I have an article on my site that can walk you through the troubleshooting process.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    New

I am not saying that GoDaddy is at fault but being a newbie in website development I expect them to help me sort out the issue. And if there is an issue in server they can correct it.
    I will go through the article and try to find a way.
    Super User I

@birds

You can check GD's network status on server operations here.   As of right now, no server issues are indicated.

Any hosting company will tell you what I've stated -- they offer hosting, that's their product that you've purchased and if it is working you are getting what you pay for.  Now, what you do with that product is on you.  Web development is a learning process for all of us.  You learn, you make mistakes, you try new things, make more mistakes and learn some more.  Smiley Wink

This forum for example has a plethora of information to help you learn along the way -- that's why GoDaddy offers the forums so that customers can help each other above and beyond what services or products are purchased from GoDaddy.

I know for a fact that GoDaddy is constantly working on their customer service to give you the best support for the products you've purchased.   But, can you imagine if every customer really expected GoDaddy to help them learn about web development by virtue of just purchasing hosting? 

There are tons of resources here and online to help you do that.

If your site is still having issues after going through the conflict trouble-shooting process, then contact GoDaddy and tell them that you went through that process and that you would appreciate any additional assistance they could offer.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith