cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Wordpress Duplicator

Hi,

We are using wordpress duplicator to install our wordpress website from localhost into the server, but it seems that the WordPress Duplicator plugin is not working on your server? Here's the link of the plugin I'm talking about.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

We're trying to install or use it on our server, here's our IP : 43.255.154.57.

Btw, I don't know what seems to be the problem, I tried to insert one file our server but even I try to access it directly, the file cannot be found.

Please help!

Thank you!

18 REPLIES 18
    Employee
    Employee

Re: Wordpress Duplicator

Hello @alma_enggware!

Welcome to our community! The first thing I'd recommend is to reach out to our support team, if you haven't already. They can have a look at this with you. If this is something you'd like the community's help on, put up some additional information to help them advise you. Which type of hosting you have, etc.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I'm also having the same problem.

The wordpress importer does not work, so we attempted to use duplicator. It appears to have a problem with file permissions when running the install. I'll try to reach out to support for more information, but if you find any answers, it would be great to share them.

I believe there is an issue on site migration after the dashboard upgrade.  I too could not migrate my site using the managed wordpress migration tool of Godaddy. 

I am also having issues with this, so basically I've got an entire site I've developed locally which I cannot deploy to GD Managed WP at all. It is a big problem.

Upload the zip file and installer.php as usual.  When running installer.php from Duplicator select Advanced Options... > Manual package extraction.  Hit Run Deployment, it will to through all the processes.  When you get to the end where it asks to review the old and new url links and before you can do the testing you need to extract the zip file yourself on the server.  After you have finished extracting the zip file confirm the url link changes than go through the testing.  That should do it.

Just curious. In installer.php site should the 'Host' be 'localhost'?

I keep have Fails in Host&DB when test connecting. Found php DB info (user/pw/etc) in GoDaddy manage page, but still won't work.

Hi Heather,

I have same problem.

I tried with installer.php + *.zip file uploaded into a folder and connecting to a goddady data base and it's not working!!!!, Error 500.

So I tried with your cPanel tool Wordpress Importer to import from another hosting, and didn't work and gave me some errors!!

-Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 196608 bytes)

-Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 196608 bytes)

I called many times to Customer Support, and Spanish / English guys didn't give any solution, actually they told me they will send me some info and never arrived.

I've to migrate a project from awful hosting to godaddy hosting service and before to do that I want to be sure I can do this task (suing a subdomain cuz I have to point domain DNS to goddady servers)

I would love to have a solution for this multiple errors I'm having with godaddy hosting service + duplicator

Thank you for helping us

Just let you know Heather,

Customer Service guy attended me gave me his email to send him screenshot with problems and that was him who has to send me info to solve it!!!!

His @ groman@godaddy.com

Bests

Hi Heather,

I have same problem.

I tried with installer.php + *.zip file uploaded into a folder and connecting to a goddady data base and it's not working!!!!, Error 500.

So I tried with your cPanel tool Wordpress Importer to import from another hosting, and didn't work and gave me some errors!!

I called many times to Customer Support, and Spanish / English guys didn't give any solution, actually they told me they will send me some info and never arrived. 

Last Customer Service guy attended me gave me his email to send him screenshot with problems and that was him who has to send me info to solve it!!!! His @ groman@godaddy.com

I've to migrate a project from awful hosting to godaddy hosting service and before to do that I want to be sure I can do this task (suing a subdomain cuz I have to point domain DNS to goddady servers)

I would love to have a solution for this multiple errors I'm having with godaddy hosting service + duplicator

Thank you for helping us

New
    New

Hi

I also have the same problem now. A month before this plugin was working perfectly fine. Did you get any solution from GoDaddy? If yes then please kindly share it here.

It seems I wasted my too much time thinking it's an error on my part or the Plugin itself. But after doing number of trials on my other hosting accounts I am sure it's an issue on GoDaddy Hosting only.

If anybody has found the solution requesting all to please share it here.

Same thing happened to me. I had to rebuild it entirely. Very disappointing.

Have problems with migration from my old shared linux hosting to the managed WordPress, one of my sites still isn't fully operational.

Hey @Daniellesss

That particular Fatal error is a memory issue which you should be able to address by increasing your default PHP memory settings with a .user.ini file. 

To @AndrewPeterson,

Can you elaborate more on the specific errors encountered when using the import tools within Managed Wordpress? Our developers have made multiple improvements to these tools since this thread was originally started, including more detailed error messages with specific reasons for failed import attempts should they occur. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

Yes, thanks for your response.

The wizard failed to correctly connect the databases, leaving me with a site I am unable to update. 

www.drewpetersonfitness.com

Hey @AndrewPeterson

Source or Destination database? If it's the source, double check your login credentials as that's often the cause of this sort of error.

If that's already been confirmed; or if the issue was with the destination, then the error is account specific in which case you should reach out to our live support via phone or chat so our hosting team can help investigate further and get this corrected for you. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Solution

It is the destination database. I was directed to this advanced tutorial but renaming database tables is,  regretably, something that I don't feel comfortable attempting on my own.  https://www.godaddy.com/help/move-your-wordpress-site-manually-12371

I am having the same issues, cannot upload a file from 10 Mb or more I cannot delete files I cannot delete more than 10 files I dream in downloading a folder.

I work locally and need to upload my site using a plugin for WordPress I worked on the site for a long while and I am unable to upload it lol.

I contacted the support more than 10 times and told them I have more than 1 domain and staging site on.

but nothing they say my network is a problem. I am not sure if I should search to a new county to satisfy GoDaddy genius support .

and the live chat when it goes online lol always offline or busy. I guess we should find some new service provider, 

HELP  OMG PLEASE HELP ME TELL ME WHAT THE PROBLME IS PLEASE ANYONE  I KEEP GETTING THIS ERROR MESSASGE 

Warning: require(/home/content/a2pewpnaspod05_data02/12/41563112/html/wp-content/install.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/a2pewpnaspod05_data02/12/41563112/html/wp-admin/includes/upgrade.php on line 13

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/content/a2pewpnaspod05_data02/12/41563112/html/wp-content/install.php' (include_path='.:/opt/remi/php72/root/usr/share/pear:/opt/remi/php72/root/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /home/content/a2pewpnaspod05_data02/12/41563112/html/wp-admin/includes/upgrade.php on line 13

This appears to be a directory permissions issue.

You need to give full write permissions on the folder you uploaded the duplicator files to.

This is different depending on whether you use classic hosting with cpanel or the newer Windows hosting with Plesk, or Linux hosting with Plesk.

But if you change the directory permissions it should work.