• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Wordpress Managed Website is Down

During the last 24 hours my Managed Wordpress website went down for no obvious reasons, it is a new site and there is not a lot of traffic.

Whom should I ask and how can I avoid this in future?

P.S. There was no update activity

This is the Website

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

Re: Wordpress Managed Website is Down

@helpinghands

Your site is up as of right now.  What happened when you went to your site when it was down?  Did you get an error message and what was that?

Could have been a temporary issue on the GoDaddy side.  No way to know if that was the case unless you contact GD support and ask. 

There is no way to avoid server-side issues. They happen.  If there are site issues, you can address those based on the error messages you receive.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

Thanks for your response but as I already mentioned that site "went" down twice. A past tense so definitely means it is not down now.

It just wasn't loading. No message at all.

I was alerted by Jetpack regarding the issue. 

Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

@helpinghands

I was just confirming it was up at the time I looked since you implied it was a reoccurring thing.

When JetPack notifies you, get on the phone with GoDaddy and ask what's up.  You can also check the GoDaddy Network status page to see if there are any known issues.

Judith
    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison