• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Wordpress Website Migration

Hi there,  I need some help with my wordpress website migration and hope someone can help me out?

I bought my domain through godaddy but however used web hosting from hostpapa:

1) Changed my DNS nameservers on godaddy to hostpapa's

2) Created wordpress websites on hostpapa

I have 2 websites (example):

1. www.maindomain.com (this domain has one wordpress website)

2. www.maindomain.com/shopname (this web link has another wordpress website - ecommerce)

I want godaddy to web host this domain and transfer my wordpress website over. 

What happened now is:

1) Godaddy's helpdesk agent helped me to change my DNS nameserver.

2) The 2 websites can no longer be used and I don't know what to do next to get the wordpress sites up and running.

3) I downloaded the back up of the 2 websites. How do I install the back up to my godaddy?

I am using shared web hosting deluxe plan. Anybody please guide and advise? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @vonkoh,

Welcome to the Community!

If you have purchased a shared hosting plan, you will first need to install the WordPress application on that plan. You can use the instructions here to start the process. If you are going to add a second website, you'll need to add the folder (directory) for it and install another WordPress application there. 

To migrate your website content from another hosting provider, you can use these instructions. (The links at the bottom of the article will apply to migrating a website from any third -party hosting provider.) If you need additional help, the GoDaddy hosting team is available 24/7 at one of the numbers in the link below. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    New

[THIS IS NOT A JOB POSTING BOARD ~ Mr. V]

Hi @vonkoh,

Welcome to the Community!

If you have purchased a shared hosting plan, you will first need to install the WordPress application on that plan. You can use the instructions here to start the process. If you are going to add a second website, you'll need to add the folder (directory) for it and install another WordPress application there. 

To migrate your website content from another hosting provider, you can use these instructions. (The links at the bottom of the article will apply to migrating a website from any third -party hosting provider.) If you need additional help, the GoDaddy hosting team is available 24/7 at one of the numbers in the link below. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post