• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

get stuck 50% when change domain primary!

Hi,

I would like to change my domain primary but when I select manage hosting I get the message Change Domain Pending 50 %. I contacted the support team a few times but they keep telling me to wait . It has been like that for almost 2 working days. My angry customer called me all yesterday for asking. Does anyone get this error, pls help :(( 

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 16.40.23.png

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: get stuck 50% when change domain primary!

@blackwolf0559 

Yes, I've occasionally had this happen. The server is hung up on the process and they can correct this rather quickly by reaching out to tier 2 support. The only thing you can really do in this situation is to call back in and refuse to get off the phone until they correct it. A lot of the customer service reps may not know to contact that level 2 support for this. Just keep at it.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Hi @blackwolf0559. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! In addition to what @MrVapor said, this can also be an issue with browser caching or if your domain isn't pointed toward the IP address of the hosting account when you do the change. If your domain is actually pointing toward the IP of the hosting already, please try clearing your browser cache before reaching out to support, even if you've already tried it before. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thank you so much @MrVapor @JesseW 

I just do like both you said. It working now, finally.  So happy I found the solution from this community. 

Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy