• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

why Managed WordPress Hosting does not allow to install any cache plugin?

I am using Ultimate plan wordpress hosting. Why I can  not install any cache plugin. My website is too low even thought I bought a licensed theme on themeforest.

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

Re: why Managed WordPress Hosting does not allow to install any cache plugin?

@datvimaru50  GoDaddy includes caching so you do not need a caching plugin.

If your site is slow, there are many reasons that can cause this -- even with a premium theme.

Run your site through a speed test at GTMetrix.com

You'll then be able to see exactly what you need to do to speed things up.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

New

Greetings,

I also have my site on GoDaddy's WP Hosted plan and I ran a performance report on GTMetrix, as suggested.

In the results, I get an "F" in "Leverage browser caching". A score of 27 out of 100, with an average score being 60). See attached image.

Also, aside from one image on the site that needed to be optimized, this is the only category where I receive an "F" grade. The majority of others are "A"s, so the caching seems to be the only area left to fix.

Latest Performance Report for  https   info aladvantage com    GTmetrix.png

Can you please provide a solution to this issue since GoDaddy doesn't allow caching plugins? If they do their own caching, the score should at least be in the "average" range.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @MSS,

Have you checked on the size of your images? Check out how to do this https://www.godaddy.com/help/optimize-images-in-wordpress-26388. Maybe @Muse has some other suggestions for you to try. All the best!

Rachel

Super User II Super User II
    Super User II
    Solution

@MSS and @RachelM

Another way to leverage browser caching is to add the following to your .htaccess file:

## EXPIRES CACHING ##
    <IfModule mod_expires.c>
    ExpiresActive On
    ExpiresByType image/jpg "access plus 1 year"
    ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 1 year"
    ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 1 year"
    ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 1 year"
    ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType application/pdf "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType text/x-javascript "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access plus 1 year"
    ExpiresDefault "access plus 2 days"
    </IfModule>
    ## EXPIRES CACHING ##

Your .htaccess file is located in the root of your server and can be downloaded via FTP (I use Filezilla).

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison