• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

wordpress tranfer errors

Hello  everyone, please i get this problem when trying to tranfer my website form  one  cpanel to another 

this is what  i did 

1. bought a new hosting paln

2. backup  my  website and database 

3. Then i restored the database on the new  hosting plan 

4. upload the website ( is a website  wordpress) 

now am getting this errors  

Warning: mysqli_real_connect(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'i2698408_wp1'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/cgcerevision2/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1538

Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/cgcerevision2/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1568

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'i2698408_wp1'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/cgcerevision2/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1568

please  can someone help me is been 3 days am trying to do that 

NOTE

1. All that is on the same account 

2. if the method i did is not correct please tell  me what i can  do to tranfer the website

Thanks in advance am  very  very  very  gratefull

2 REPLIES 2
    Advocate VII

Hi @lewatt23,

Let's start with a couple of questions.  Do you know what versions of WordPress, php, and mysql you were running prior to moving to GoDaddy?  If you were running older versions this may account for the problem.

If you have your old site still available you might want to try a "migration"  This can be done through the manage wp hosting panel.  When you create a new site the installer will ask if you want to "Migrate your site."  This automatically creates the db and moves the files for you.  I also use a plugin called UpDraftPlus that has an excellent migration feature.

While you have the basic steps to moving correct, keep in mind you'll have to make some changes to the old wp db to get it working correctly at GoDaddy.  For example, you'll need to change the path info in the db to match GoDaddy's paths.  There are some plugins that will do this if you need.  Don't have the name of the one I've used right off the top of my head, but if you need it let me know.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

Hello @JMPepper  thanks for your fast replay 

Let's start with a couple of questions.  Do you know what versions of WordPress, php, and mysql you were running prior to moving to GoDaddy?  If you were running older versions this may account for the problem.

1. the wordpress version is the same beacuse i did not reinstall  wordpress i just upload the website , i was told by the support that there is no  need that  i just needed to upload it 

2.pls can you help me with does plugin ?

3. i can find migration  ( maybe cause i dont have a wordpress hosting ) 

also  please i have a back up  of my website i dont know if i restore it using godady  restore it may  work