cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

A Name changed but after 96 hours internet shows 2 ip's

so i use https://www.uptrends.com/tools/find-ip-address-of-my-website to type in www.oldsmarchaos.com and it lists two different ip's. from one side of the world its right. from my side its a different ip. godaddy states 48 hours but its been 96 or more. i just added another A NAME to the DNS record labeled oldsmarchaos.com > TOMYIP. and was told not to do that becuase the @ to the correct IP should be enough. though it has not. what should i do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@cfw34683 

So you need to delete the A @ Parked record - other wise it is random which server will be loaded - everything else looks fine

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User IV

@cfw34683 

What are the IPs you are trying to get updated to and where are you looking to have this pointed - Can you post a screen shot of the DNS manager?

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

1.jpg2.jpgi am trying to update oldsmarchaos.com to the ip 35.137.206.235

if you visit http://35.137.206.235/ you can see my cruddy page

is my understanding correct that if i bought that domain and pointed the A RECORD to @ 35.137.206.235 it would come to my webserver. however. if i use a vpn and connect to the url from china it goes to my ip and all is correct. if i connect from the us it goes to 34.102.136.180

@cfw34683 

So you need to delete the A @ Parked record - other wise it is random which server will be loaded - everything else looks fine

View solution in original post

i have deleted the parked one. and in less than a minute. we are green across the board at https://www.uptrends.com/tools/ping-test

Thank you for the help