cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

All websites down, due to DNS server issue (nameserver offline?)

I have over 100 domains with Godaddy, and I noticed about half of my websites are offline and show a DNS error for the past 6 hours.

After spending hours on my server, not able to find anything, then contacting my data center, also not able to find anything, I finally managed to narrow down the issue to GoDaddys nameservers.

I noticed that all the websites that have a DNS error, use these nameserver of GoDaddy: 

• ns47.domaincontrol.com
  • ns48.domaincontrol.com

All other websites that are online, use different nameservers from GoDaddy.

It's been about 6 hours now that the DNS issues appear. This is a bit too long to be honest.  I hope GoDaddy is aware of the issue and is fixing it.

121 REPLIES 121

DNS Server could not be found - DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Hiya,

I've been editing my website with no problems up until half an hour ago and now I can't seem to get back on to continue editing?

Whenever I search the website it comes up with the following message:

"This site can’t be reached

www.thesquealingpiglet.co.uk’s server DNS address could not be found.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN"

Any idea how I can fix this? It's definitely spelled correctly and I've had confirmation emails of my domain registration and website purchase orders..

Thanks!

Re: DNS Server could not be found - DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Same issue here.

After spending hours of my server, not able to find anything, then contacting my data center, also not able to find anything, I finally managed to narrow down the issue to GoDaddys nameservers.

I have over 100 domains with Godaddy, and I noticed about half of my websites show a DNS error.

I noticed that all the websites that have a DNS error, use this nameserver of GoDaddy: 

• ns47.domaincontrol.com
  • ns48.domaincontrol.com

All other websites that are online, use different nameservers.

It's been about 6 hours now that the DNS issues appear. This is a bit too long to be honest.  I hope GoDaddy is aware of the issue and is fixing it.

Highlighted

subdomain problem dns

I have created a subdomain from past 2 weeks it was working but now its showing 

"1.faucets.satoshicat.com’s server DNS address could not be found."

even sometimes my main domain shows the same error msg. I deleted the subdomain recreated but problem still exist

Re: All websites down, due to DNS server issue (nameserver offline?)

The same with me.

I`ve tried to change the DNS using 

• ns05.domaincontrol.com
  • ns06.domaincontrol.com

But this doesn't help.

Any solution?

I'm having the same problem. I'm pointing about 20 domains to my server and all websites are down. I called tech support and they told me that this is a known issue and that they have a "team" working on it. They told me about 3 hours ago that it would be fixed in 2 hours. My sites have been down since late yesterday. I find it pretty ridiculous to have an issue of this scale and for such a long outage with zero notifications from GoDaddy.

New

Same is happening to me 

➜ ~ nslookup site.com
;; Got SERVFAIL reply from 213.46.246.53, trying next server
Server: 213.46.246.54
Address: 213.46.246.54#53

** server can't find site.com: SERVFAIL

NS47.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS48.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

SYSTEM IS DOWN TAKE RESPONSIBILITY GODADDY vs CLIENTS

In the situation that Godaddy has an issue for any reason, which happens,

I'd like godaddy to write, server error Godaddy.

At the moment I just see: Service Unavailable, but my hosting site is working fine at another site.

All site forwarding is currently unavailable.

The client shouldn't be made to look like bad.

New

I've had the same problem since sometime last night, nothing been changed with my hosting or DNS settings and there was no problems with the website before it started so can only assume it's a problem with GoDaddy. Going to contact them in a bit to find out what can be done.

New

This site can’t be reached server DNS address could not be found.

hi,

i have this site for almost two yeas now and today when i try to enter the site is says:

This site can’t be reached

www.ngolens.org’s server DNS address could not be found.

it goes the same for my other website http://e-konsulta.net/

i checked the domain name server its standard.

New

There's an error that says "This site can't be reached" on domain http://brmbrm.live . Why is this happening all of a sudden, I didn't do anything on the website. I need to mention that this happens very often and then website reappears.

I am having the same issues currently!

New

Re: subdomain problem dns

SAME!!! WE HAVE SERIOUS PROBLEMS WITH OUR CUSTOMERS..... WHAT IS HAPPENING?????????????????

Seriously?? Same here, ns47 and ns48 are down.

Same here, all my domains make use of NS47.DOMAINCONTROL.COM and NS48.DOMAINCONTROL.COM, and all my domains are down....

Phoned GoDaddy support and apparently there is an issue with DNS timeouts.  SEVERLY affecting our business at this point, I hope there is a decent explanation here...

Also going to need a root-cause analysis of this issue so we can report to our clients....

New

Re: This site can’t be reached

Same thing here, https://www.gokroo.com is not working since yesterday, even though the address that it is forwarded to is working correctly.

What is going on?

DNS Problems with hosting

I have a domain (sophiespeopledev.com) and shared linux hosting with GoDaddy however it seems to be very unreliable. I'd be developing my wordpress site one minute, save changes and it would fail to save changed so I refresh my page and it says 'The web page at http://sophiespeopledev.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address. ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED'

Its not my DNS settings as I've used the Sky broadbands DNS settings, Googles DNS settings, tried it over 4G and at my work PC and still it won't load at all now. Last night it would be on and off randomly but now it won't load at all. When going directly to my IP address of the shared hosting it just says 'The start of something cool' or something. My domain A records are pointing to the IP of the hosting.

I am experiencing the same. It happens frequently.

New

Re: This site can’t be reached

It's in spin cycle of 11 minutes, works for eleven minutes then stops for the same duration. Wierd

I've tried accessing my site from mainland Europe and it's working fine.  From the UK - nothing!

The nameservers associated with my domains are:

ns47.domaincontrol.com

ns48.domaincontrol.com

Would be nice to see some info from godaddy support on the issue.....

is not a timeout problem, ns47 and ns48 are down, they dont response any dns query

Domain on and off

Issues with my new domain.

Site keeps dropping out.

Have done the following but issue remains:

Cleared computer cache / tried a private search / cleared router cache 

Domain seems very unstable. Friends from around the UK are having the same issue trying to find my website

Just spent an hour trying to work out this problem before realising it was on godaddy end. Tried phoning and the current call waiting time was at 40 minutes. My domains are also NS47/48

Same dns problems !!!

From 2 days, my server is not reachable because when i ping my domain i get dns error name resolv. I try for several times to change dns whisout success. The domain name is tempo.email.

I try to call godaddy the waiting ime is 40 min.

In the chat nobody can help me solv this. 

CAN YOU TELL ME PLEASE HOW CAN I RESOLV THE DNS PROBLEM? OR TO MOVE THE DNS?

When i change the dns the domain status is pending.. after that the godaddy dns apears. Is godaddy dns issue?

Same issue

My site is on and off, has been since 16:00GMT

Spoke to Godaddy lastnight and this morning, they say there is no issue and must be my end, but I have no problem accessing ANY other website on multiple platforms

The same issue with ns47 and ns48

ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED

Hey guys! 

I have built a new website http://www.tyhapusnursery.co.uk  and itwas working fine until yesterday.  Now I get the following issue when I log in 

The webpage at http://www.tyhapusnursery.co.uk/wp-login.php might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED

it is not just limited to my PC.  other users with other IP addresses are getting the same issue, although strangly enough it does work on some mobile devices..  Any ideas?

The same issue with ns47 and ns48. 

My website is down after updating and removing products (Blank page with no error)

Hi all,

I have an issue with my site just not working. This seems to o happened after I edited  some products in my store. Also if I try and edit my store via Wordpress it does the same thing just a white blank page. I've checked the look up my DNS sites and they deliver errors but I'm not sure why updating my store would cause this! please help.

Thanks Daniel 

www.importtopia.co.uk

New

Re: Domain on and off

I'm experiencing the same problem with my domain. It's  frustrating  to both  my customers and I.

Re: Domain on and off

Im back on hold to GD. Why cant a member of staff talk to us about this?

New

Same here. Some domain names resolve, others not.

Strange that nobody gives an answer to what the problem might be.

I have the feeling that a major interconnection issue is blocking the traffic partially to some of the godaddy servers. I can't open some wbesites also on port 80 from some locations. Not only a DNS issue, I can imagine.

New

Dns Time out Google couldn't access your site because of a DNS error

Google website Dns timeout yellow triangle sign is showing because of this fetch as google redirected and google index status showing 0  please i will like to know to solve it 

EXACTLY the same here with my UK site.

NOTHING from GoDaddy

New

every now and then (This Site Can’t Be Reached)

hello,

every now and then my website seems to be unreachable, then after a while it goes online as usual, please advice as we cannot afford to be offline

www.pessmokepatch.com

best regards

New

Re: ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED

I have a same issue.
My site portya.net can't be reached.

Goddady system status show everything working well.

But ns47.domaincontrol.com and ns48.domaincontrol.com don't respond for dns request.

A can't find support ticket form, support chat also offline.

Hi Portya,

I spoke to godaddy customer service three times yesterday, and ironically every time they accessed my site it was working!  so the problem seemed to be intermittent, now the on-line chat facility is not available I am unable to get an answer!

Name Servers DOWN: ns47.domaincontrol.com & ns48.domaincontrol.com

The following name servers are down

• ns47.domaincontrol.com
  • ns48.domaincontrol.com

This is affecting many websites, several other reports on this forum.

• Google error:  This site can’t be reached
  • [site]’s server DNS address could not be found.
    ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Dear GoDaddy, please respond to at least one of the messages and provide a resolution.

New

My website been down for 14 hours now, not good when I rely on it for my business.

same here for me my website is gone what to do Smiley Sad

toutabay.com’s server DNS address could not be found.

• Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Re: Name Servers DOWN: ns47.domaincontrol.com & ns48.domaincontrol.com

When it will get fixed our sites are unreachable. Kindly do needful as soon as possible.

New

Re: every now and then (This Site Can’t Be Reached)

Same issue happening with me... not sure whats going on

+1 We are too facing the same issue.

GoDaddy please resolve this issue soon. 

Re: Dns Time out Google couldn't access your site because of a DNS error

Having the same problem here myself. Site is inaccessible currently.

Seems multiple people are having this problem, so we're not alone and it's not our faults. Seems to be on godaddys end. The issue lies with them. Hope they fix this soon, we're paying for a service that should run 24/7 flawlessly.

Same for us, ns47.domaincontrol.com, ns48.domaincontrol.com  are down.

root@US1:~# dig www.hideipvpn.com @ns47.domaincontrol.com +short

; <<>> DiG 9.9.5-3ubuntu0.2-Ubuntu <<>> www.hideipvpn.com @ns47.domaincontrol.com +short
;; global options: +cmd
;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached
root@US1:~# dig www.hideipvpn.com @ns48.domaincontrol.com +short

; <<>> DiG 9.9.5-3ubuntu0.2-Ubuntu <<>> www.hideipvpn.com @ns48.domaincontrol.com +short
;; global options: +cmd
;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

Re: Dns Time out Google couldn't access your site because of a DNS error

i also face the same issue from last 20 minutes and few days ago i face this error for whole night. please solve this issue otherwise i will change my hosting next month with bigrock

New

Any updates?

GD not answering. This issue also reported on TWITTER. nothing from GD at all.

Im considering new hosting company 

I'm experiencing the same issue,"ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED". Following the thread for possible solutions! 

The issue popped up today. There was no update to WP or the site itself.

I havent contacted support yet but I'm getting the exact same problem for my site that has been working for weeks without an issue. The DNS is failing randomly currently, almost every few seconds.My site is unusable Smiley Sad.