cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Can not change name servers on my domain name. (There was an error processing your request.)

Hi so I just bought my new domain name today, but I'm just not able to do the simplest things with it like changing name servers.

So, what I exactly do is that I go to my "Products", then My "domain", then I go to "manage DNS" and I scroll to "name-servers" section, I click on "Change" then the following error appear:

Capture.PNG

This error has been showing up for me for hours now, and I'm getting very frustrated because of it. If anyone knows a fix to that please let me know, Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Mlotov,

Welcome to the Community!

The previous reply from @PL281 did not advise that you could NOT CHANGE the nameservers of a .CC domain, but that you could not use vanity nameservers. You can read more about nameserver requirements for your domain here

Your hosting provider should provide the nameservers needed for your domain to resolve to the website. Please try making this change to the domain in the GoDaddy account by using a private/Incognito browsing window. If you are still unable to make the change, please contact customer support so they can escalate the issue to the CCTLD department. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User IV

@Mlotov 

Just wondering what are you trying to update the name servers to? CC domains have a restriction on vanity nameservers and that "could be" part of the issue

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Im trying to change the name servers so I can use the domain on my deployed site and not just forwarding the domain to my current ugly production domain (what Im doing rn)

And since you cant change .cc nameservers so, can I have my money back or am I stuck with this domain name now?

Hi @Mlotov,

Welcome to the Community!

The previous reply from @PL281 did not advise that you could NOT CHANGE the nameservers of a .CC domain, but that you could not use vanity nameservers. You can read more about nameserver requirements for your domain here

Your hosting provider should provide the nameservers needed for your domain to resolve to the website. Please try making this change to the domain in the GoDaddy account by using a private/Incognito browsing window. If you are still unable to make the change, please contact customer support so they can escalate the issue to the CCTLD department. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

Thank you so much, the incognito method works 😄