cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Cannot register .cn domain name - Verification Failed

Hi,

I have been trying to register a .cn domain name. Being an Indian Citizen I am supposed to upload Passport Scan. So I scanned Front and Back Page of Passport containing Name, Address, Passport No, and photo which matched with the Domain Contact Information exactly.

But twice it was rejected with the following reason - The image on the document you uploaded was not the entire ID page.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Srijit B

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Cannot register .cn domain name - Verification Failed

Hi @srijit92,

Welcome to the Community!

Make sure that when you take the pictures of your ID, you don't crop the edges. All information must show as though you were handing the actual passport to another person for review. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

Did that for atleaast 5 times now. Clicked the photos and uploaded too without any edit / crop. But same error every time.

GoDaddy support is also not answering regarding the solution. Smiley Sad

@srijit92 Hello, I was wondering how did you sorted out the problem ? what was the problem ? It's been 16 times I upload my passport and still failed email notification. Support don't know either !! What else ?

Re: Cannot register .cn domain name - Verification Failed/?isc=gdcommment

I faced the same harassment!.

I had to escalate the case. Also DM'd their twitter handle. Then only some
one from their verification mailed me to upload a photo of only front page.
I did that and after that it was verified. After a day ou will also get a
certificate from the China Registrar.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Srijit Banerjee

Re: Cannot register .cn domain name - Verification Failed/?isc=gdcommment

@srijit92 thanks for your reply, they have escalated hundred time. They all tell me something different. the official opening of my website is on 20th of May and still nothing. Can you explain about -- > DM'd their twitter handle ? I need to send them message on their twitter account ? thanks in advance for your help 

Re: Cannot register .cn domain name - Verification Failed/?isc=gdcommment/?isc=gdcommment

Use this and message them on twitter - @GoDaddyHelp

--
Thanks & Regards,
Srijit Banerjee

Re: Cannot register .cn domain name - Verification Failed/?isc=gdcommment/?isc=gdcommment

@srijit92  okay thanks I appreciate 

Did you get this solved in the end? I'm in the same boat. 

Hi @srijit92 ,

Thanks for posting this Questions.

This can happen when the internet connection fails or if the internet browser has been closed during the registration.

OR

Make sure that you have upload your passport picture clear so that the information on it must be clear to read.

Thanks

Dapper Reivews )

Solution

Hi @DXBDXB,

Welcome to the Community!

The registration of a .CN domain has very specific Registry requirements. This article will help you understand the registration process and gives more information about activation and the documentation needed.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support