cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Cant submit documents for .CN name verification.

So i click Upload Documentation...

Screenshot_5.pngand this happens..  yes i relogged in and still happens.Screenshot_4.png

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Cant submit documents for .CN name verification.

Hi @SoggyCow

Welcome to our forums. I suggest using a different browser to upload the documentation and that should resolve your issue. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I have purchased so far around 20 domains from GoDaddy and been extremely happy... until I purchased a domain with .cn extension.

I purchased a .cn domain on Sept.12,2018. They asked me for a copy of my ID to validate and activate my domain. I

- Uploaded a Copy of the front side of my CA Driver’s License. They rejected on Sept. 13

- Uploaded front and back on Sept. 13, they rejected on Sept.14

- Uploaded again, they rejected again on Sept.17. The reason? “The document type selected did not match the document you uploaded.” I don’t know how that’s possible. They only  accept passport or driver’s license and I only have a CA Driver’s License.

- I uploaded my driver license several more times and they rejected because “the resolution was not high enough”.  I realized in this process that the problem was not the resolution of my picture, their system was blurring it. The picture of my ID was perfectly fine.

- Eventually, I called Go Daddy Sept. 18th. The agent talked to that department. I asked if I could talk to them, he said they don’t talk on the phone. He said I needed to email it to them again and they would get back tome in 24-72 hours. I did email it to them on Sept 18th.

- I waited for over a month. Nothing happened.

- Eventually, I called Go Daddy Oct.23rd. The agent said I needed to email it to them again and they would get back to me in 24-72 hours. They rejected the picture again.

- I called them again on Oct. 30th talked to an agent named Hannah who was very helpful and nice. She called the department and told me that they said he resolution of the picture was not high enough. I offered to email the picture to her. She agreed and I emailed and she told me that the picture was perfectly fine. I asked for a supervisor to intervene. She got supervisor Chrissy and the department that handles .cn domains on the phone. I requested her to not tel me again to wait another 24-72 hours. She said she would get the department to approve it this time while I was on the phone. After waiting approximately 20-25 minutes, she got back to me and said she created a ticket and forwarded the picture that I sent her to them. And I needed to wait another 24-72 hours.

- Next morning I received a message saying that “The .CN registry requires that the image you provide during the validation process is the full complete image of the ID including all edges.” The image is perfectly fine with all the edges and the resolution.

- I emailed Hannah and Chrissy on Oct. 31st at 8:13 and nothing happened.

- I filed a complaint with BBB

- Then I received an email that an agent at GoDaddy submitted my documents on my behalf. What’s going to happen? I’ll wait for two business days as they said and then the department will say that the picture was not in high resolution.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @omergokce. That definitely sounds like a frustrating situation. From what you've said, it sounds like our domains department may have needed to reach out to the .CN registry. If you filed a BBB complaint about this, then I would wait to hear a response on that. The team that handles those complaints will make sure that the correct steps are taken if follow up is needed. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi, @JesseW  I have the same issue and it's been almost a month now I cannot get my .cn domain name activated for same reason as above, 

The documentation you submitted for xxxxxxxxxx.cn did not pass real name validation. 
Your domain failed activation for the following reason: 
The ID name entered did not match the actual on the document. 

Note: I have submitted my passport and the name is the same as registrant contact for domain name

I spend almost 4 hours on phone this week with godaddy support to know why my verification failed every time but nobody can give any reason or why it's get rejected all time but still have to wait 72 hours to get a update on my case : ( 

@omergokce please can you tell me how did you get this done or maybe you are still trying too ? hahaha

Thanks

May I know the step to proceed to get this domain activated ? 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @scenium. Thanks for posting. Registrations for .CN domain names can sometimes be tricky due to what's required by the registry. The best thing to do is to continue working with our customer care team. They should be able to get in touch with the team that handles registration issues like this and give you more information about what's happening. Definitely feel free to follow up here if you are able to resolve this. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Solution

@JesseW actually when you mean continue working with your customer team ? mean keep calling by phone support up to 1 hours per day since 1 months ? Is this is what you mean keep continue working it's doesn't work very well till now!! I spend over 8 hours this months and my incident have been esclated up to 12 times so far!! This is a complete JOKE and I been asked to wait 72 hours, then 5 days, then call back again then wait another 72 hours!

Here are my incident ID list so far and cannot fine any more but it's still a lot of incident ID for a simple issue which none of your support are capable to fix since more then 30 days now!!! You should really review your AWARD WINNING SUPPORT TEAM because so far you are kind of opposite. I will try again on Monday to get this domain verified if again my issue is not fixed I will move away my account to another registar company

It's amazing to see how you are absolutely not care about you customer (which I am since 2009) and purchases over (170 domain so far) and is a shame how complicated and crazy it is to get help from your useless support team which are really good to escalate problem but not really to resolve them.

I will make sure that my SEO team will submit and publish my story as much as I can to spread the word about how bad your support team specially the one i charge of verify domain name 

I hope to get a update by Monday because trust me I will not call you another time 

Thanks

@JesseW 

Incident ID: 39003481] Received - CCTLD Request - Special Request Support Request

Incident ID: 39053510] Received - CCTLD Request - Special Request Support Request

Incident ID: 38985301] - CCTLD Request - Special Request Support Request

LOL such a joke !!! Keep doing that way your support is really great and helpful as you can see 

I not even talk about how many time each case have been escalated but this is absolutely ridiculous.

Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry it's taken so long @scenium. I'm not able to comment on any of the incidents you listed. However, when situations like this arise, there is usually a solid reason for it. The most common is the information on identity documents not matching the information in the account. There can also be delays when waiting on the .CN registry for anything that needs to happen on their end. Whatever the case, I understand this isn't a great experience for you and I'm sorry any of this is happening for you.  We appreciate you sharing your feedback. 

Solution

I already gave up. Transferred all 14 domains to Google Domains. Lower price, FREE privacy, way more options, and a cleaner user interface. Made the switch after endless GoDaddy customer support problems. Google responds to me within 60 seconds and they are open 24/7, unlike GoDaddy.