cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Connecting cPanel secondary domains to transferred in domains

Hi all. 

I have recently transferred in some domains from other hosts to bring all my hosting and registrations into one place (well, Xilo are being very obstructive to transferring out, but the others have come across already).

I have set up Deluxe cPanel hosting, and created folders for each of these domain names. I have set up add on domains to link to these transferred in domains.

If I enter in the address bar myparentwebsite/myaddondomain with a simple index.html it reads fine, but if i type myaddondomain.co.uk I still get the following:

The webpage at myaddondomain might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED

The domain manager for my transferred in name still says DNS ONLY off site, but its nameservers are set to ns35.domaincontrol.com and ns36.domaincontrol.com.

Is there anything else I need to do to bridge the gap between them, or will it propagate and resolve itself over the coming days?

Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Connecting cPanel secondary domains to transferred in domains

Hi @LittleSheHairdr. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! This seems like an issue with the DNS settings of the domain. Once you transfer in a domain that was already hosted with us, your DNS settings should automatically switch from "DNS Only" to "Active". If that doesn't happen, you'll want to have your account reviewed by our Customer Care team.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Solution

Re: Connecting cPanel secondary domains to transferred in domains

Thanks. The nice chap on customer support is on the case. I think we're over the hump- issue at our end.