cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

DNS manager feature request - view all records on one page, or add search

In the DNS Management app (e.g. https://dcc.godaddy.com/manage/DOMAIN.NAME/dns), I would like the ability to see ALL of my DNS records on a single page so I can ctrl+f in my browser and jump to the records, or have the ability to search for records.  I have 7 pages of records and it's cumbersome to navigate when I have a large number of records to change.  I would prefer to have a "view all" option vs. a search option.

2019-09-12 10_15_22-Domain Manager.png

7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: DNS manager feature request - view all records on one page, or add search

Hi @farfromgg. Thanks for the suggestion. I believe this is already in the works. You can actually get to a version of this by going to dns.godaddy.com/[domain-name] (where you replace [domain-name] with your actual domain). That page will allow up to 500 records before it begins to paginate. Hope that helps!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thanks for the tip, @JesseW.  Unfortunately our domain is not registered through GoDaddy (and cannot be transferred due to bureaucratic reasons), so when I go to dns.godaddy.com/[domain-name] I get the message "We can't display your DNS information because your nameservers aren't managed by us."  We do have two other domains registered through GoDaddy, and I am able to see those in the dns.godaddy.com/[domain-name] web app and it looks fantastic.  Do you know if that view will be coded into the dcc.godaddy.com/manage/dns?domainName=[domain-name] web app, too?  Honestly I would be completely happy with just a "view all" option.  Thanks again

2019-09-12 10_51_45-DNS Manager.png

Community Manager
Community Manager

@farfromgg I'm a little confused. The message in your screenshot would indicate that the domain is not using GoDaddy nameservers. Wherever your nameservers are hosted, that's where you'd need to manage the DNS for your domain, regardless of where it's registered. Is the domain in question using GoDaddy nameservers and you're still seeing that error? 

As far as I know, the view in question should eventually be added to what we have in the Domain Manager in some form or another. My guess would be a link from within the current DNS manager. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

@JesseW, the registrar for the domain is NeuStar, but our public name servers are hosted by GoDaddy Premium DNS.

Thanks for the info.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for clarifying @farfromgg. That sounds pretty odd. As long as the domain is using GoDaddy nameservers, you should be able to access its zone file using the method I described above, even if you use PDNS. If you're not seeing that for some reason, then you may need to get in touch with a GoDaddy Guide so they can review the situation with our advanced support.

I contacted GoDaddy support.  According to the tech, they are NOT going to extend the dns.godaddy.com/[domain-name] interface to PDNS customers that have their domain registered to a registrar other than GoDaddy.  This is unfortunate, as that interface is much, much better than the https://dcc.godaddy.com/manage/DOMAIN.NAME/dns interface. 

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

@farfromgg Thanks for following up. I double-checked with our advanced team and that is correct, unfortunately Man Sad I will pass on your feedback to our product team. It seems strange that we wouldn't offer this to all PDNS customers. Thanks for raising the issue.