cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Deleted "A" record from DNS

Hello guys,

Hope you can help with this case. I set my domain to forwarding and then deleted the option, so my domain got parked, and the A record pointed to "parked". I deleted the A record hoping it would reset to default but now it's just gone.

I'm doing this because I need to direct my Wordpress site to this domain.

Thank you,

MM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Employee

Hi @mohdmortada

Thank you for your post. One option to help resolve this is to go through the forwarding update again.

In the add forwarding box you will see a checkmark that says "Update my nameservers and DNS settings to support this change." 

Make sure that is selected and continue and save, that should re-adjust the A record with the forwarding A record to allow the domain to forward properly. Please be sure to check the connection from a new network as your current network may now experiencing caching. Also please keep in mind that DNS update may take upto 24 hours to propagate.

Best Wishes!

-Techfly  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Employee

Hi @mohdmortada

Thank you for your post. One option to help resolve this is to go through the forwarding update again.

In the add forwarding box you will see a checkmark that says "Update my nameservers and DNS settings to support this change." 

Make sure that is selected and continue and save, that should re-adjust the A record with the forwarding A record to allow the domain to forward properly. Please be sure to check the connection from a new network as your current network may now experiencing caching. Also please keep in mind that DNS update may take upto 24 hours to propagate.

Best Wishes!

-Techfly  

View solution in original post

HI OUR GODADDY A RECORDS HAS BEEN DELETED ALSO THE CNAME

SO THE WEBSITE is not WORKING PROPERLY

THE NS RECORDS IS STIL WITH GODADDY BUT our website is not pulling up

Can you help?

i dont know what is godaddy's a record and cname

If you scroll down underneath where your DNS records are on the management page, there is a box titled "Nameservers". Click "Change", move the dropdown, then  move it back to Standard. Save.