cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Domain Renewal Date Format - Can I change it?

Hi,

The domain renewal date format is very confusing for example 04/11/18, I assumed was 11th November 2018 as every part of my account lists Australia.

I don't want to have to go to Whois every time to double check.  Is there some way I change a setting in my account to format the dates. 

Go Daddy is a global company and nearly every other country in the world use DD-MM-YYYY or at the very least work to the Global standard of  ISO 8601 guidelines of YYYY-MM-DD.

Once again I ask, is there a setting I can change in my account to format to a standard that is not confusing?

6 REPLIES 6
Super User III Super User III
Super User III

Re: Domain Renewal Date Format - Can I change it?

ISO 8601 has my vote!

Hey GoDaddy,

Any update on this request please?

Thanks,

Will.

Hi @WillyWombat.

Thanks for posting and being a part of the GoDaddy Community. 

No plans to roll this out yet, but I would be happy to pass this along to our development team in hopes that this is something they can add into accounts in the future. 

KristyW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Super User III Super User III
Super User III

ISO 8601 still has my vote.

(YYYY-MM-DD)

Hi Kristy,

Thanks for your reply.  I hope this can be addressed soon.  Perhaps we're a bit slow down here in AU (too many bushfires and snakes or something :-) but when I see a date like 03-05-2019, my mind strobes between March and May like a bad disco.

Nate, I agree, ISO 8601 would suit perfectly!

Thanks!

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @WillyWombat. Thanks for reaching out. Can you confirm exactly where you'd like to see this the date change? From what I've seen, the date order can be changed in most areas of you're account by changing the regional version of the website you're using. For example, in the Domain Manager, if a domain has an expiration date of May 4th it would show up as 5/4/19 in the US but 4/5/19 on au.godaddy.com. I tested this and saw it was the same on other areas of the site as well. That is how the website is supposed to function. See below:

DCC-regional-date.png

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.