cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Domain disappeared after years working fine

Hi all,

I cannot see my website anymore ; The adress seems fine, but I'm getting a :

"The information provided is invalid. " My website was fine for many years.

I'm not computer savy, and the chat is always offline, plus I live outside the US, which makes calls very expensive to GoDaddy.

Can someone help me fix that problem, thanks.

(( website address   http://www.cyclesofhealingsouls.com/

3 REPLIES 3
Helper V
Helper V

Re: Domain disappeared after years working fine

I can see your website is currently loading fine. 

Please give it a +1 and also click "Mark As Accepted Solution" if you find it satisfactory. Thanking You With Regards | Harry Parmar
New

HI Harry Parmar,

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for my delay. The chat agents did try to help me last week, though in either case I do not see my website. it doesn't work.

Do you have any idea that could help? thanks.

I have website builder and I attempted a couple of time to re publish my website, but the problem is still the same, now with error 404.

Highlighted

Hi Coco,

I just encountered the same thing in my website and with help from GoDaddy was able to fix it. Since your URL currently looks the same as mine did, this might help you too.

It appears that something messed up the DNS configuration for your domain.

First of all, go to the Hosting management page for your domain and get what its IP address should be.

Then go to the Domain management page and click the DNS button for your domain. In that page, near the top, it showed "Forwarding" instead of an IP address for the domain. Near the bottom, in the Forwarding section, it showed how forwarding was configured for the domain.

In the Forwarding section, click the pencil icon to edit the forwarding, and delete that forwarding with the trashcan icon (the forwarding URL is what displays that "information provided is invalid" message).

Then in the DNS section, click the pencil icon to edit the IP address for your domain, and replace the text (which I recall had now changed from "Forward" to something like "Pending") with your correct IP address.

After saving the update, you might need to wait for an hour or two for your website to start working again because it seems to take awhile for DNS updates to propagate across the Internet.

Anyhow, that fixed my website and I hope it works for you, too.