cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Domain not working without www

I have blogger account. I have already setup custom domain for my blogger.

1. I have added naked domain entries in DNS Setting. (216.239.32.21, 216.239.34.21, 216.239.36.21, 216.239.38.21)

2. I have also marked tick on "Redirect <mydomain>.com to www.<mydomain>.com" in Blogger->Settings->Basic->Third party domain setting.

my domain is not working without www so if I type naayaablafz.com, "Website coming soon" page displayed.

I have also tried to GoDaddy -> "Forwarding" by entering subdomain "naayaablafz.com" forward to www.naayaablafz.com, but still it is not working.

Please note that it is working properly with www, however if I test "naayaablafz.com" (without www) from proxysite.com, It is working fine.

Please let me know the solution.

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Domain not working without www

Hello there!

Based on the information you've provided, this sounds like an issue with Blogger and the DNS management they provide for the use of your domain. You would need to reach out to their support and inquire about assistance to set up your domain properly.

When you use a domain purchased at GoDaddy within a different system, you're typically making changes that removes the DNS management from GoDaddy and places it in the hands of your third-party hosting provider. That seems to be the case here. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Luv. In looking up the DNS for your domain, it looks like you still have an A Record that points to GoDaddy. This may have been added when you tried the forwarding service. If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend removing the forwarding (it won't work for you in this case) and then make sure you delete the A Record that points to 184.168.x.x. That should get things up and running for you. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Hey Thanks for the reply.

I have removed forwarding and the A record that points to 184.168.x.x automatically gets deleted but still domain is not working without www.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

@Luv. I'm still seeing additional DNS records when I visit your site. I don't see an error when navigating to WWW, but that's likely because it's not hitting the wrong IP when I test it. You'll need to remove any "@" A Records that do not point to  the IPs for Blogger. 

Also, issues like this are often caused either by browser caching or a conflict with a browser plugin/extension. I'd suggest first clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If that doesn't help, then try using a cacheless browsing window (FireFox private window, Chrome incognito, etc.), then an entirely different browser. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

@JesseWThank buddy, It's working !!