cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Domain registed in GoDaddy by previous owners

Hi,

I'm very new to web hosting and domains, so sorry if i sound a bit clueless.

I recently bought a domain via google (relaxmv.com) late december 2018. Recently we tried to register this domain to an email service provide but it turned out that the primary domain has already been registered to GoDaddy by the previous owner.

So, how would we go about removing this as we do not have access to the GoDaddy account that has resisted using what is now our domain.

We will be happy to provide any necessary documents proving ownership.

Thank You

Hope to hear from you soon

domain.png

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Domain registed in GoDaddy by previous owners

@Choppy wrote:

Hi,

I'm very new to web hosting and domains, so sorry if i sound a bit clueless.

I recently bought a domain via google (relaxmv.com) late december 2018. Recently we tried to register this domain to an email service provide but it turned out that the primary domain has already been registered to GoDaddy by the previous owner.

So, how would we go about removing this as we do not have access to the GoDaddy account that has resisted using what is now our domain.

We will be happy to provide any necessary documents proving ownership.

Thank You

Hope to hear from you soon

domain.png

@Choppy  Some clarification is needed here. You say that you registered a domain name through Google but according to the whois that domain is registered at Godaddy. I assume you're trying to setup email through Godaddy and you're receiving an error message saying that the domain is already associated with another email/hosting account? If so, you'll need to reach out to Godaddy support and have them remove that domain from the email/hosting account so that you can add it to yours.

---

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Domain registed in GoDaddy by previous owners

Hi @Choppy - It sounds like the domain was registered via G Suite. When this happens, the registrant has the option to use GoDaddy as the registrar. However, these accounts are accessed in a special way. You can take a look at this post for some helpful information on how to access this type of account. Hopefully that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.