cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Domain renewal

I was led to believe when I registered with GoDaddy that the customer bought the domain name then paid for hosting and numerous other add-ons. If so why I am I paying for the domain again?? Ray Ray
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Resolver I

@ray5  ,

Domain names are registered for a number of years upfront. There’s no way you can register a domain for a life, ergo, you can not buy it so it’s yours forever.

Most of the domain extensions like COM, NET, ORG... can be registered for 10 years upfront. Others like CO can be registered for 5 years only. It depends on the extension.

After expiration of a domain, if not renewed, it becomes available for others to register it.

Regards,

Mustachkian

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User 2020

Domain registration is an annual fee.

Resolver I

@ray5  ,

Domain names are registered for a number of years upfront. There’s no way you can register a domain for a life, ergo, you can not buy it so it’s yours forever.

Most of the domain extensions like COM, NET, ORG... can be registered for 10 years upfront. Others like CO can be registered for 5 years only. It depends on the extension.

After expiration of a domain, if not renewed, it becomes available for others to register it.

Regards,

Mustachkian

View solution in original post